alpha behaviour

Forums: alpha behaviour
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

alpha behaviour

Postby mesut » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:48 am

mesut Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:48 am
hi,

not sure, if this is only standalone-related, since it seems to originate in c4d.

situation is:
is have an animated sequence of 100 frames. in the first half of the sequence, the frame is fully covered with an object. in the 2nd half the camera pulled way back so the frame is not fully covered anymore and the background appears more and more.

my setup is 3.08.3, pathtracing, alpha channel checked.
but: i had forgotten to check the "alpha channel" in the c4d save-dialouge before exporting to standalone.
nevertheless, after the export of this sequence to standalone, i have a look at it in there and everything looks good, the background in the 2nd half is - as expected - blank due to the alpha channel setting checked.

now, after having rendered the sequence i import it into after effects.
here's the problem: ae does not recognize the sequence as one with an alpha channel.
importing a still out of the sequence where the object covers the full frame (any still from the 1st half) , the ae-interpretation again says "no alpha".
importing a still out of the sequence where the object does not cover the full frame (any still from the 2nd half) , the ae-interpretation again shows alpha.

i have done a lot of anims of that kind in the past.
the only difference would be, that now i have forgotten to additionally check "alpha channel" within the c4d-dialouge (though it is checked in the octane render settings).

is this expected behaviour?
win7prof. | i7 4930, 32gb | 2*980ti 6g for renderings | 1*660 for displays
mesut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: alpha behaviour

Postby mesut » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:44 am

mesut Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:44 am
i need to correct myself:
after re-rendering the sequence, this time with "alpha channel"-box checked within the c4d-save dialouge, the problem remains the same.

the option left:
i'd need to import in to two parts. the first half as one sequence and the second half as an other one.

this is strange.
i never experienced that in prior releases.

btw; i'm using the latest r18 for this one.
win7prof. | i7 4930, 32gb | 2*980ti 6g for renderings | 1*660 for displays
mesut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D