why octane most unstable plugin for c4d? PROOF.

Forums: why octane most unstable plugin for c4d? PROOF.
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: why octane most unstable plugin for c4d? PROOF.

Postby max1e » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:40 am

max1e Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:40 am
bepeg4d wrote:Hi max1e,
sorry, I’m not an AE user, do I really don’t understand your ‘video-question’.
Please, note that 970 has only 3.5GB of VRAM, even less under Win 10, if you use both GPUs, the available VRAM is limited to ~3GB, and if you work in the same time with AE, the available VRAM is even less.
If you want to work with both AE and c4doctane at the same time, try this setup:
  • connect 970 to display so it will be used also for system/OpenGL, and use it also with AE and all the other applications, Photoshop, Chrome ecc. (you can define this in the Nvidia control panel)
  • use the 1080 with c4doctane - CUDA rendering only to have the maximum available VRAM
In this way, you should be able to work with both applications, with better stability.
ciao beppe

*edit: in v4 you can also use 970 for AI Denoising, and 1080 for rendering only.

thanks. but both screens connected to 1080. Win7. So AE use only this gpu. Its just 4 millions polygons. Its not 20, or 100 million. Why cycles or redshift works without problem? In same time with AE too.

I will try connect 970 to screens, but on this way viewport c4d have less performance. Its very strange, only 4 millions poly.
max1e
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby slepy8 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:15 am

slepy8 Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:15 am
hey max1e

If you have lot's of crashes in different scenarios I would suspect this might be some hardware/configuration problem.

What is your setup?
How old are your GPUs? Have they been used intensively?
slepy8
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:47 am

aoktar Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:47 am
slepy8 wrote:hey max1e

If you have lot's of crashes in different scenarios I would suspect this might be some hardware/configuration problem.

What is your setup?
How old are your GPUs? Have they been used intensively?

Correct points! As we said that's not directly related with plugin section. And it's due something on user's setup, because we don't get crashes in similar scenarios. Crash commands can be seen in bugreport.zip. It will show where a crash occured. At least is it in octane plugin or octane core or not! Also having different plugins, especially one with usage of GPU may cause frigale. Just estimating because of some old experiences.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby slepy8 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:56 am

slepy8 Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:56 am
From my experience, one bent CPU pin can cause some weird behaviors, so making sure hardware setup is fine is the first step.

Also if you have multiple programs using GPU and bigger amounts of RAM, they might be corrupting each others work.
example, when I use BMD Fusion and then switch to Cinema and start rendering, sometimes renders go 50% longer than normal.
I have to go to Fusion and "purge cache" because it uses 70% of it and slows down computations in Cinema.

Nowadays you don't only need to have stron machine. You have to know how software cooperates with it.
slepy8
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D