Displacement Problem

Forums: Displacement Problem
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Displacement Problem

Postby johnwilhelm » Thu May 24, 2018 9:12 am

johnwilhelm Thu May 24, 2018 9:12 am
Hi everybody

I guess this has been reported a few times but all threads I found didn't come to a glory end.

I'm working with RDT Textures a lot. Very cool if used with planes or other objects without UV-seams. But once mapped to a more complex object the textures do not properly connect at the seems and it's always looking very ugly no matter how much I'm fiddling around in the node-settings.

Is this better with de V4 plugin or will this be the same for ever with Octane? I really think displacement needs some attention because the importance will increase. For example displacement combined with normal maps... does not work at the moment but is essential imho...

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks for help

John
johnwilhelm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Displacement Problem

Postby TonyBoy » Thu May 24, 2018 6:10 pm

TonyBoy Thu May 24, 2018 6:10 pm
I believe that displacement and normal maps are only incompatible in the same material. A mix material has it's own Displacement port and a material with bump or normal map can be added.
TonyBoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Subroutine49690 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:40 pm

Subroutine49690 Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:40 pm
Hey bro !!
I'm always happy to see people using my RDTs for their work and I really appreciate good feedback.
Thanks mate ;)

Now, you are one of 10000 guys who think that RDT is cool for flat objects or planes and not usable for "complex" objects.
The reason, is that you will find seams, and yes, with the displacement in conjunction there will be holes and other shit.

But bro, this is not the whole truth and this has nothing to do with octane or with the materials.
If you use ANY pixelbased material, you will get seams on an object that has not a square uv, no matter how you try to project the texture.

For this case you need to paint. Cinema4D got Bodypaint included, which makes it easy to be super-creative when it comes to texturing and it supports "multilayer-brushes" for years now, so you can setup RDT-brushes very easily.

I now recorded a tutorial to show you the workflow and how to setup such a brush and I really hope this is helpful for you guys.

Link to the tutorial: https://youtu.be/TN4An0gUfXo

Please don't hesitate to send me a mail over [email protected] if you have any further questions and please take a look at the webshop where I came up with many more cool high-end scans ;)

Kindly,
Chris S. (Founder of RDT)
Subroutine49690
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby lucamp » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:07 pm

lucamp Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:07 pm
Thanks a lot Chris, was just looking for that, gonna try tomorrow!
lucamp
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D