Can we have a spotlight?

Forums: Can we have a spotlight?
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Can we have a spotlight?

Postby thanulee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:29 pm

thanulee Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:29 pm
Hi, after searching all the relevant plugins and stuff, i d really really like a spotlight embedded in octane same way as fog in environement medium is. Ye i could make the sphere inverted etc, but i dont have to anymore and thats awesome. I think setting up lights every time i want something, playing with falloffs, color correction etc, xpresso, instead of having natively spotlights is non intuitive for users.

Every free spotlight i downloaded, has expresso and stuff and is far from optimal, plus i cant have it in my scene with 1 click and adjust stuff around it. Luminous seems like the solution so far, but paying 70 dollars or so to have spotlights, is not an option.

Its expected from every render engine to have all basic kinds of lights and spotlight is like one of the most basic light types. I know that octane doesnt have it in standalone and that it uses planes with textures emissions, but still we could have a spotlight premade with falloff, cone range etc as we have so many other nice stuff.

Plz consider it, its pretty basic :) thanks
thanulee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Can we have a spotlight?

Postby mojave » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:03 am

mojave Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:03 am
For feature requests please use the feature request system:

https://render.otoy.com/requests/

There's an already existing request for spotlight support there that you can vote up if you want:

https://render.otoy.com/requests/?qa=25 ... spot-light
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby fuchsundvogel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 am

fuchsundvogel Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 am
fuchsundvogel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mrom » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:17 pm

mrom Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:17 pm
mrom
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby thanulee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm

thanulee Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 pm
Thanks guys, yea that is not my point. If some of the scripts doesnt work or bugs or whatever, i cant ask for support.

A spotlight should definitely be natively inside the plugin and not freebies. I upvoted already yea but i dont remember a confirmation that will be done. The reply was "octane has no spotlights in core engine".

I think this request is like pretty basic. ty
thanulee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby thanulee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 pm

thanulee Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 pm
Which btw brings me to my next question.
Lots of requests but i dont see anything happening from the top of the list besides denoiser (at some point) which was announced a long time ago.
Is there a roadmap or something about whats going on? Its been few months already.
thanulee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:15 pm

mojave Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:15 pm
Many of the top requests from that list were already in our plan before starting the feature request system and most of the team is focusing on a number of what you'll find just on the first page.

Think that it makes sense you still don't see much released in a publicly available build yet (with the exception of toon shading in v3.08). The reason for that is that 3.07 was just released with a huge new feature set and the same applies to the current 3.08 test build which is still under testing, and most of the features included by these builds are prior to the feature request form.

At the moment there isn't a public roadmap but we may consider it if there's enough support. You can vote this up if you want:

https://render.otoy.com/requests/?qa=26 ... ed-roadmap
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D