Color Shader Issue with Cloner "Fix Texture" Option

Forums: Color Shader Issue with Cloner "Fix Texture" Option
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Color Shader Issue with Cloner "Fix Texture" Option

Postby joeycamacho » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:48 pm

joeycamacho Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:48 pm
I'm having some issues with the color shader and getting it to replace multiple materials inside of a cloner object.
While I can get it to work with a single object, the material replaces all of the materials inside the cloner object.

In the Cloner Object - when I change the "Fix Texture" option from "Straight" to "Off" - I get the materials back, but the color shader effect is gone (although the shader's effect on the position of the clones still remains).
I looked into the C4D help documentation on the "Fix Texture" option, but there was not a lot of explanation of the different options.

Is there a way to have the emissive light material replace the various other materials inside the cloner object?
I've watched Inthrill's video from a while back, but there were no materials placed on child objects of the cloner.

Cloner - Fix Texture - set to "Straight" -
CINEMA 4D_2017-10-15_16-35-17.png

Cloner - Fix Texture - set to "Off" -
CINEMA 4D_2017-10-15_16-34-42.png

I'd like to keep the red and black spheres while slowly replacing them both with the emissive texture.

Scene file -
ramp_test.zip
(215.19 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Freelance Motion & Graphic Designer
-----------------------
Cinema 4D R19| Win 10 Home 1803 | 4X GTX TitanX 12GB Maxwell | Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz | 48 GB DDR4 -2133 RAM
joeycamacho
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D