[Edit: New Problem] Old scene won't open

Forums: [Edit: New Problem] Old scene won't open
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Old scene won't open

Postby philmaron » Mon May 29, 2017 4:04 pm

philmaron Mon May 29, 2017 4:04 pm
My Cinema 4d is pretty customized in terms of plugins and scripts - I'll have to make another install which will be faster than removing everything, I guess. That is something I can't do today, since there's still some animation work to be done, but I will do it tomorrow morning.

Concerning the problem being related to Octane there might only be a possibility - I imagine - concerning the implementation of information stored in Octane-Objects of any sort. For instance, here is a file http://www.philmaron.de/privat/clothfrost_003_test-r18.c4d which has only 5mb when saved in R17 (old Octane), also 5mb in R18 with Octane removed from Plugins folder, but 560mb when saved with newest Octane Plugin in R18. This means there is a lot of information strored in the scene as soon as Octane is enabled - which might be causing some sort of hickup. Not sure, but it is a possibility, or am I wrong?

My Version is R18.048 (RB197636).
philmaron
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Mon May 29, 2017 4:19 pm

aoktar Mon May 29, 2017 4:19 pm
I don't store anythings than more a few bytes on somewhere. Also i'm working with hundreds scenes without seeing any issue as yours. So this cannot be possible for my opinion. You're most likely having another issue.
Also you don't need to make any special install operation to have another C4D. Just make a copy of C4D directory and run from "Cinema 4d.exe" file from new directory. So you can customise this new copy to do your tests.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby philmaron » Tue May 30, 2017 7:11 am

philmaron Tue May 30, 2017 7:11 am
After removing plugins, etc etc and not very much of sleep, I finally found out, what caused the problem. Or better said: Which switch resolves the problem:
Since I am using After Effects and Adobe removed the classic support for importing camera and object data from cinema 4d, adobe's support stated that you need to "save polygons for melange" in c4d's preferences. This I did some time ago and it seems that in the scenes I've sent to you, something goes wrong there. Whether Melange+Octane or Melange itself, no idea.

Has nothing to do with the original colorizer-problem, but your diagnosis for the nodes and checking on my files to isolate the problem solve every issue I had in the past weeks. Brilliant, thank you!
philmaron
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: [Solved] Old scene won't open

Postby philmaron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:31 pm

philmaron Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:31 pm
PUSH:

Now after having moved on for some time I have found another scene which won't open, same issue so it seems. The fuckup: Even without Octane installed, it won't open. And now I really really need help. Because whatever happens in that scene must be extracted. There must be a way to open it or load it without materials, I tried a so called "safe mode" thing for Cinema and I tried using Cinema 4D Lite... which easily opens the scene but loses most of necessary information.

There must be a way, please :'(
philmaron
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: [Edit: New Problem] Old scene won't open

Postby TonyBoy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:14 pm

TonyBoy Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:14 pm
For loading without, etc. I would go here:
https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/forums/
TonyBoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby philmaron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:47 pm

philmaron Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:47 pm
what are you trying to tell me?
philmaron
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TonyBoy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:39 pm

TonyBoy Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:39 pm
Your questions may be better answered in a forum dedicated to C4D. There are more people using your software and your problems seem to be C4D problems.
TonyBoy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D