Dark Render Pass

Forums: Dark Render Pass
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Dark Render Pass

Postby nexusdesigns » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:26 pm

nexusdesigns Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:26 pm
Hey I know this might be very simple, but I did before posting this post almost 5 test render with different settings but nothing worked. When I render with multipass enabled i get very dark results in the render passes when I import it in after effects or photoshop. I attached a demo scene file below with a cube. It might be very simple to fix it but because i'm new to the octane render i don't know why the render pass looks so dark and different from the color scheme.

Hope you can help me please need this fixed for an important client project very soon. In the Live Viewer the scene looks perfect but the multipass render result is different than what i see in LV.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot
example scene.zip
Example Scene
(861.81 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
nexusdesigns
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Dark Render Pass

Postby aoktar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:40 pm

aoktar Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:40 pm
Please read some manual and see some video tutorial for passes. It's normal when you use "tonemap type=Linear".
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Dark Render Pass

Postby nexusdesigns » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:56 pm

nexusdesigns Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:56 pm
Thanks I saw now a few videos about it and wanted to ask you also what would you recommend rendering with tonmap linier and then adjusting the gamma to let's say 2.2 in compositing to get the same result like in LV for the render passes or rendering it with tonemap type Tonemapped or any other option ?

I want to get almost the same color like seeing in LV and tested now both and both options worked just fine but I want to hear what option you would recommend please.

Thanks again.
nexusdesigns
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D