motion blur on alembic imports

Forums: motion blur on alembic imports
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

motion blur on alembic imports

Postby derekhanz » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:19 am

derekhanz Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:19 am
Doesn't seem to work in my scene. This is a massively important feature for me.

Is it supported?

Thanks
derekhanz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: motion blur on alembic imports

Postby david-maus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:34 pm

david-maus Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:34 pm
I have the same problem. If i export to alembic with vertexmap enabled in exportdialog the motionblur is working on a clothobject after reimport... but for example a teared cloth as alembic is not possible with motionblur. I have seen in the new test 4 build is support for vector speed motion blur:

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=60380

Is it possible with that option? What is the correct workflow to get the vertexmap/tags/velocityinfos from a teared cloth surface?
david-maus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:02 pm

aoktar Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:02 pm
See this post and read release notes.
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=59657&start=30#p305605

It may work or not don't know. Unfortunately nobody posted feedbacks about this feature. I cannot know or test everythings on every scenario.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby bagel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:13 am

bagel Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:13 am
It does work. I use RealFlow fluid simulations.

On your mesher make sure that VelocityX, VelocityY, and VelocityZ are selected. Then once your sim is all configured and mesher is tweaked appropriately, you can right click the mesher object (not the parent, that won't work!) and select bake to alembic and delete. Let it run through the sim and voila! Then in the Octane object tag, under the motion blur tab, you need to select Vertex Speed, tick the drop down, and drag the appropriate vertex map into each field. Motion blur works fine.

Presumably, whatever is generating your cloth mesh can be baked to alembic as well.

Also, you can bake volume mesher in R20 to alembic, but I haven't figured out how to export vertex speed as well.

I hope that helps a little. I know you're not using RealFlow per se, but it's good information. You have to be able to have a method to generate the vertex maps prior to exporting.
bagel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D