image sequence not playing in shader

Forums: image sequence not playing in shader
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

image sequence not playing in shader

Postby flowrez » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:46 pm

flowrez Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:46 pm
Hi!

I am working in the latest version of C4D R18 and Octane version 3.05.3

I have create an object and want to displace it by using an animated image sequence. When I use a still frame ... the displacement is working.
When I replace it by an image sequence .. it's not. It keeps rendering each frame with the first frame of the sequence.

I did send the file to a buddy of mine and it's working great. He is using Octane version 3.03.

Is this a bug in the 3.05.3 version? or could it be something else?

update : In the meanwhile I've tried various things. When i tried the shader on a primitive shape it did work. So next I tried alternate mapping options. On my object, I had subdivision on. WHen I turned it off, the displacement worked. And now for the magic .. suddenly it also worked with Subdiv on. Now I can't reproduce the failing scene. One of the first things I tried was rebooting .. that didn't have any effect. So for now .. the problem disappeared .... hope not to come back to this forum page again :)

Thanks!

Floris
Last edited by flowrez on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flowrez
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: image sequence not playing in shader

Postby aoktar » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:24 pm

aoktar Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:24 pm
Have you tried on different materials or slots? It's working fine on me. Any better info please or a sample scene.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D