C4D animations on ORC

Forums: C4D animations on ORC
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: C4D animations on ORC

Postby thanulee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:07 am

thanulee Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:07 am
Goldorak wrote:
thanulee wrote:+1 essential to be able to send my c4d project instead of exporting it to some other format (complex scenes with vdbs/tfd/particles/hair etc)

Other than size, is there anything that isn't working in the export process? One option we could help with is allowing you to run a remote PC on AWS install your own C4D+Octane (that is what the floating licence is for w./ ORC) and then export to ORC from there super fast - assuming that the connection is the bottleneck?

I havent tried it to see what works, but i fear that a lot of things can go wrong when using plugins like tfd and xparticles or imported stuff from houdini or other alembics, and while its working inside the software, it wont interpret properly to format that standalone uses. I m exchanging stuff a lot between softwares with alembics and i try to avoid it as much as possible. In general from my experience all those years, when u got something working as u want it inside ur software, no reason to complicate things further. I d personally feel safe and that i wont go into troubleshooting, only if i could render from inside c4d direct and not from standalone. Direct like, a one button solution as i do it now with network. I connect slaves, render.
I d suggest to eliminate the export phase and have slaves per software as in all other renderfarms. Maybe im shortsighted, but i dont see any advantage for using ORC as is, only unessecary steps that will complex the process even more.

Besides that, the connection speed is something inevitable and i dont think its a problem for me at least. Huge files to upload when cached but ok i know this isnt an issue, its just time.
thanulee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: C4D animations on ORC

Postby schodt » Sat May 12, 2018 1:46 pm

schodt Sat May 12, 2018 1:46 pm
Any news on this subject? I'm actually right now doing a C4D project, with lots and lots of instances, and when converting it to a ORBX file it translates into a huge file (more than 6 GB) from a C4D project that is "only" 1,5 GB big.

Again, would be super nice if us C4D users simply could render directly on the cloud as with Rebusfarm and a like! I'm sure there are other users who feel the same way!
Workstation: Watercooled 4x GTX 780, 1500W Corsair AX1500i PSU, 4930K, 32 GB RAM, SSD and Cinema4D.
Render slave: 4X GTX 780 Asus Strix 6GB, 1200W Corsair AX1200i PSU
schodt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D