Unable to Login and Activate V3 after updating

Forums: Unable to Login and Activate V3 after updating
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Unable to Login and Activate V3 after updating

Postby mesut » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:41 am

mesut Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:41 am
aoktar wrote:
mesut wrote:ah ok, since i am always signed-in it never occured to me, that i would be offered a password-reset by logging-out.
makes sense.

but... if i log-out, receive a new password and get the same message that i edited in my previous post (validation problem)... could it be that i also will loose ability to log-into this forum rendering me left on my own (if that's the case, that that new password is then also valid for the forum-login)?

No need to be worried.
Are you sure that you run 3.03.3 version? we don't run to this issue anymore. Try with also standalone.

yes, i am sure.
in fact, i was trying it with the standalone most of the time. the i now tried it via c4d again (while closing firefox, for that it's worth). and it worked!! without the pop-up!
then i tried the standalone again, and it worked too, without the pop-up!

looking on the licenses-tab everything looks normal and active again.

puuuh... talk about panic-mode!

thank you very much for your help. you saved my ... big time!
win7prof. | i7 4930, 32gb | 2*980ti 6g for renderings | 1*660 for displays
mesut
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tenth_Old_Man » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:03 am

Tenth_Old_Man Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:03 am
[SOLVED]
Make sure you are using your FORUM CREDENTIALS and not the credentials used to log into the main site.

funny enough, the main site, which shows your subscription and account names/passwords for older software is actually NOT the primary credential used to activate the software.

If your forum password and main site password differ, use the forum pw. This irritating bug has been around since the begining and will never be fixed due to focusing on rendering technology, and no one caring much abut getting an actual single sign on system implemented.

ADMIN EDIT: This is not correct, please check this post for more details: viewtopic.php?p=336593#p336593
Last edited by mojave on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong information provided.
Tenth_Old_Man
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby niestudio » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:25 pm

niestudio Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:25 pm
Interesting, I only use the main site credentials to login.
OSX 10.12.4 | Intel 12 core @ 3.33 ghz | 128 gb ram | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI | Ubuntu Linux slave with 3x 1080ti
niestudio
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 pm

mojave Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 pm
Hi all,

Just to make it clear, the only credentials that can be used to activate the software are the ones that would also work in the OTOY account page:

https://account.otoy.com/

Unfortunately the forums are not linked to this system yet so that's why passwords may differ.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D