C4D V3 Commercial Version Login Issues

Forums: C4D V3 Commercial Version Login Issues
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

C4D V3 Commercial Version Login Issues

Postby mentor972 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:32 pm

mentor972 Tue May 24, 2016 7:32 pm
This happened to me twice today on 2 different machines. 1 on OS X R15 and 1 on OS X R17...

Doing a fresh install for a client. Installed C4D Plugin V3. No Otoy login screen. When I go to account tab there's just a logo and no option to log-in which is understandable because it should have prompted me on startup. Standalone works though. The solution in both cases was to install the latest beta. After installing, the account page then has an option to enter your license name and password (The old way.) After that process is complete, the NEW login window then appears and you can login. If you then install the full version (not beta) then the new account log-in screen appears as expected. 2 times today. 2 different machines. Has to be a bug.
mentor972
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: C4D V3 Commercial Version Login Issues

Postby creativebloke » Tue May 24, 2016 9:37 pm

creativebloke Tue May 24, 2016 9:37 pm
I am getting the same thing,I have two licenses for C4D, first machine uses new system just fine (it was an upgrade of Octane), however the second machine which is a clean install, the standalone works fine, but the plugin pops up the settings windows where the login used to be. Have deleted credentials a few times but with no luck
twitter = creativebloke
creativebloke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby amador » Tue May 24, 2016 10:51 pm

amador Tue May 24, 2016 10:51 pm
Had the same issue. Drove me crazy. Thanks for the work around!
amador
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Wed May 25, 2016 12:55 am

aoktar Wed May 25, 2016 12:55 am
Hi,
If you're new user or make a clean install of C4D so propably you saw this error

Empty Account/Password!!!
Initialization error!!!!

This is my mistake! It's shame on me because i forgot to remove this part from plugin. I hope that you understand the condition to make a very quick release under lot of user's critisms.

Workaround is to extract this file to C4D's preferences directory.
or running older an Alpha version and giving old plugin license numbers. At the end this required file will be created.
Attachments
oct.zip
(678 Bytes) Downloaded 185 times
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mentor972 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:51 am

mentor972 Wed May 25, 2016 1:51 am
Have to give everyone a heads up on my "solution" to the issue. The client had 2 combo licenses they just purchased. In the process of doing the "fix" by installing the beta, it activated the "standalone." That's usually how it's supposed to work. But when you uninstall the C4D beta and install the full version of C4D V3 to activate via the new login process, it works but uses the second standalone activation. This means you have one computer with 2 standalones activated. So the second computer that I went to install would just throw up errors cause there were no more matching standalones.

So I went back to the first computer to de-activate the standalone via the logout option, but it would only deactivate the last version I activated. So then what? There's no option online now to deactivate without emailing customer support and just waiting. I then spent an hour and a half going between machines, activating and deactivating via the C4D beta again. Plugin was still not matching the standalone correctly and I still had one activation that wouldn't go away. Finally I went and installed the beta standalone version and was somehow able to deactivate. Then go to computer number 2, install the beta C4D V3, register, install the full C4D V3, and just hit buttons until combinations of activating in different offices lined up and matched.

This is hair-pulling frustration. I know the launch has been a lot of work and there will be issues, but I really think they need to reconsider the online option to deactivate so we don't get screwed in a pinch. Sometimes you can't wait for offices on the other side of the earth to open and get your support email. There's got to be a better way. Preferably the old way. What happens if your computer takes a dump and you don't have the option to deactivate? Is email the only way?
mentor972
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mentor972 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:56 am

mentor972 Wed May 25, 2016 1:56 am
aoktar wrote:Hi,
If you're new user or make a clean install of C4D so propably you saw this error

Empty Account/Password!!!
Initialization error!!!!

This is my mistake! It's shame on me because i forgot to remove this part from plugin. I hope that you understand the condition to make a very quick release under lot of user's critisms.

Workaround is to extract this file to C4D's preferences directory.
or running older an Alpha version and giving old plugin license numbers. At the end this required file will be created.

I didn't get that error. It acted like everything was fine until I hit render and then it told me to go to the Account tab and enter my activation. But that tab no longer has anything in it but a logo.

And no, I totally don't mean that as a criticism of you. I know you're working your ass off on this plugin and it's very much appreciated. Just wanted to bring up the issue in case anyone else encountered it.
We talk very highly of you on our podcast (Brograph) for all the work you do.
mentor972
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fosterf » Wed May 25, 2016 2:52 am

fosterf Wed May 25, 2016 2:52 am
HI
I have a PC
I try the demo v.2 for company, and decide to buy octane V.3.
I try to install and i run it in C4D,
But it popup a window
"Octane Render couldn't be intialized, please check your account and internet connection."
I click "OK" then popup another window
" Empty Account/Password!!!
Please check your account setting in Octane
Settings-->Settings-->Accpount!
"
I go Settings->Account, There only have a logo.

I try to put the "oct.dat" to C4D's directory. Then same problem.
I try to put the "oct.dat" to C4D's Plugins/c4doctane. Then same problem.

Pleas Help.
How can I do?
fosterf
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Wed May 25, 2016 3:00 am

aoktar Wed May 25, 2016 3:00 am
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby fosterf » Wed May 25, 2016 3:26 am

fosterf Wed May 25, 2016 3:26 am
fosterf wrote:HI
I have a PC
I try the demo v.2 for company, and decide to buy octane V.3.
I try to install and i run it in C4D,
But it popup a window
"Octane Render couldn't be intialized, please check your account and internet connection."
I click "OK" then popup another window
" Empty Account/Password!!!
Please check your account setting in Octane
Settings-->Settings-->Accpount!
"
I go Settings->Account, There only have a logo.

I try to put the "oct.dat" to C4D's directory. Then same problem.
I try to put the "oct.dat" to C4D's Plugins/c4doctane. Then same problem.

Pleas Help.
How can I do?

I put "oct.dat" to "\\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R17_8DE13DAD\prefs"
Now is good..
Thank you
fosterf
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby creativebloke » Wed May 25, 2016 9:04 am

creativebloke Wed May 25, 2016 9:04 am
the new release (R1.1 - 25th May) fixed the bug straight away - thanks aoktar :D
twitter = creativebloke
creativebloke
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D