Thinksbox's Deadline

Forums: Thinksbox's Deadline
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Thinksbox's Deadline

Postby aoktar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:09 pm

aoktar Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:09 pm
Tamschick wrote:Hello There!

i am having the same issue as Studiolocal but i actually have 4 machines with standalone renderer+ C4D (R16) Plugin running. Every Machine is activated and licensed properly and is working in the everydays business.
I also want to have them as a renderfarm by night and set everything up in deadline 7 and 3 out of 4 machines are rendering well, just one machine outputs the empty Account/Password failure and i cannot get it to work even after a complete windows reinstallation.

Has anyone issued the same problem before and can maybe solve mine?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Did you checked my link and bottom texts?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Tamschick » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Tamschick Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:23 pm
yes i did but i did not completely get it or could not properly translate it to the use with deadline.
We do not use the Octane Network renderer but have all licenses so normally every machine should be able to render at one time because they are independent and dont need a master/slave setup am i right?

thanks for the superfast response btw!
Tamschick
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:29 pm

aoktar Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:29 pm
Tamschick wrote:yes i did but i did not completely get it or could not properly translate it to the use with deadline.
We do not use the Octane Network renderer but have all licenses so normally every machine should be able to render at one time because they are independent and dont need a master/slave setup am i right?

thanks for the superfast response btw!

I don't know to use deadline. I got some license to check that but not time and concentration to do. But if it works as C4D slaves it should look to different directory than running C4D in normal mode.
Last texts describes that where you should put "oct.dat". It should be firstly licensed and allowed to write a "oct.dat" with proper license numbers. But this is a procedure for V2 not V3. In V3, we have SSO system and no need to make any tricks.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby LaundryDesign » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:16 pm

LaundryDesign Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:16 pm
goumz wrote:Jonas,
We have Deadline working with Octane & C4D at our studio. Which version of C4D are you using and what C4D option for network rendering are you using with Deadline? Regular standalone or through C4D Team Render clients? Second, check your slave logs to see what happens when the slaves are given a task, that should point you in the right direction for finding the issue.

Hi,

We are using C4D R18 and I am trying to submit through Deadline to three other workstations running slaves. All workstations have standalone licenses + C4D plugins for Octane. When I try to render it fails, saying "project not found" Our projects are located on a server that all the workstations are connected to. Do I need to open the same project in C4D on all the workstations for them to find it? What render settings are you guys using to get it to work? Thanks in advance!!

Also named
Jonas
LaundryDesign
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby LaundryDesign » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:36 pm

LaundryDesign Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:36 pm
LaundryDesign wrote:
goumz wrote:Jonas,
We have Deadline working with Octane & C4D at our studio. Which version of C4D are you using and what C4D option for network rendering are you using with Deadline? Regular standalone or through C4D Team Render clients? Second, check your slave logs to see what happens when the slaves are given a task, that should point you in the right direction for finding the issue.

Hi,

We are using C4D R18 and I am trying to submit through Deadline to three other workstations running slaves. All workstations have standalone licenses + C4D plugins for Octane. When I try to render it fails, saying "project not found" Our projects are located on a server that all the workstations are connected to. Do I need to open the same project in C4D on all the workstations for them to find it? What render settings are you guys using to get it to work? Thanks in advance!!

Also named
Jonas

Nevermind. Got it to work! The problem was that the server was mapped to I: drive on the slaves and Y: drive on the master. I remapped the drives to match Y: and now they can find the project. We are submitting through the deadline plugin and we are making sure to use the Group function to weed out any slave that does not have Octane installed.
LaundryDesign
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Yambo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Yambo Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:17 pm
Talking about deadline, Something cause Deadline to render those extra unnecessary files.

Any idea how to stop deadline generating those?
Attachments
explorer_2017-03-25_20-14-19.png
4x 980ti EVGA | 5930k | Asus X99 E WS 3.1 | corsair 64GB RAM |SSD 500GB system + SSD 2TB working files + 6TB HDD storage WD |
Phanteks Enthoo Primo | 1600W EVGA T2 BLACK | It's the fastest 4x980ti build: http://goo.gl/hYp8e0 :)

https://yambo.me
Yambo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D