A Quick Question Again. And Maybe A Suggestion For Octane

Forums: A Quick Question Again. And Maybe A Suggestion For Octane
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

A Quick Question Again. And Maybe A Suggestion For Octane

Postby wetfusion » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:35 am

wetfusion Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:35 am
Hey its me again :lol:
so here's my problem now. About 'luminance material' in octane.
here is what i got when using standard render.
a simple plane (white material), Sphere (red luminance)
standart render.png

Here is what i get using Octane render.
octane.png

so what's my mistake again? :D

And here is a suggestion for octane. i know OTOY is targeting for their clients mostly to be professional graphic designer (2d, or 3d). But because of its awesome low price, maybe there will be novice user who like me, just wanted a fast way to render and easy setting.

so question is, could possibly octane make a preset button/rendering mode for beginners?
Just press the preset button, and it will set the variable normal rendering that you would get from the standard C4D render.

you can call it the "Basic mode". While the current UI overlay you can call it the "Advance mode", which you can manually set the setting.
On business/marketing side of things, with the user friendly mode, you can gain a broader audience of customers/users.

:mrgreen:
intel 17 4770k (MSI MPOWER MAX)
32GB 1866ghz corsair dominator platinum
2x MSI 780 lightning
Plextor M5 256GB
wetfusion
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: A Quick Question Again. And Maybe A Suggestion For Octan

Postby bepeg4d » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:06 am

bepeg4d Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:06 am
hi,
please, just play with the exposer ;)
Schermata 10-2456578 alle 09.51.15.jpg

note: normally, all the other render engines works only with own shaders, with the c4d-octane integrated plugin you can render everything without converting the standard c4d shaders. Anyway, for best results, it's necessary to convert the standard c4d materials to the octane one ;)
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby wetfusion » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:00 am

wetfusion Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:00 am
thanks bro, geez, octane should give a free cookie for people who help answering this stuff. :lol:
how about this issue. refraction on transparent object.
so here on standart render.
standart render.png

here on octane.
octane.png

got any video explaining how to render with octane for c4d? i tried to find some but honestly not a lot.
2x MSI 780 lightning
Plextor M5 256GB
wetfusion
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:02 am

aoktar Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:02 am
Hi,
There is some videos, but no special material tutorial. Maybe you can check standalone tutorials, plugin exactly same behaviour. Also i'll try to give some tips.

-Problem is smoothing angle, octane has different behaviour from default renderer. Try lower smoothing values.

-Materials: Octane has diffuse, glossy,specular materials. Which are collected in a type C4D material. You can switch with type option. Every type has own and shared parameters. Specular is most powerfull material, you can do glass or volumetric fog. Mix material only does mixing two materials. And you can achieve some complex materials. Check LiveDB editor for user material presets.
Also i'm going to add more material presets for next release.

-For spheres, untick render perfect option. You can't see any geometry in picture viewer, if you don't do it.

-Use linear input color profile everytime for correct colors.

-Learn different kernels. Each one has own advantages. I use Directlighting kernel for motion graphics.

-Octane is unbiased realistic renderer, you can't replace all areas of standart renderer. But you can get impresive results. I'll try to get mograph shader support for next versions.

-Has no any shadow option, because behaves as real world lights. Only direct/sun light and arealights is supported. Use octanelighttag for advanced control.

-update to last version(0.87b) but install first 0.82 and owerwrite with 0.87b

manual
http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Cinema4D

tutorials
viewforum.php?f=51
http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Cinema4D/?page_id=528
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby wetfusion » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:08 am

wetfusion Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:08 am
aoktar wrote:Hi,
There is some videos, but no special material tutorial. Maybe you can check standalone tutorials, plugin exactly same behaviour. Also i'll try to give some tips.

-Problem is smoothing angle, octane has different behaviour from default renderer. Try lower smoothing values.

-Materials: Octane has diffuse, glossy,specular materials. Which are collected in a type C4D material. You can switch with type option. Every type has own and shared parameters. Specular is most powerfull material, you can do glass or volumetric fog. Mix material only does mixing two materials. And you can achieve some complex materials. Check LiveDB editor for user material presets.
Also i'm going to add more material presets for next release.

-For spheres, untick render perfect option. You can't see any geometry in picture viewer, if you don't do it.

-Use linear input color profile everytime for correct colors.

-Learn different kernels. Each one has own advantages. I use Directlighting kernel for motion graphics.

-Octane is unbiased realistic renderer, you can't replace all areas of standart renderer. But you can get impresive results. I'll try to get mograph shader support for next versions.

-Has no any shadow option, because behaves as real world lights. Only direct/sun light and arealights is supported. Use octanelighttag for advanced control.

-update to last version(0.87b) but install first 0.82 and owerwrite with 0.87b

manual
http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Cinema4D

tutorials
viewforum.php?f=51
http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Cinema4D/?page_id=528

Thanks for the reply bro. i took some time to actually read all what you say above and study before posting back again. do you have any tips for Neon lights type material? :mrgreen:
2x MSI 780 lightning
Plextor M5 256GB
wetfusion
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tegatwork » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:49 am

tegatwork Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:49 am
aoktar wrote:-Octane is unbiased realistic renderer, you can't replace all areas of standart renderer. But you can get impresive results. I'll try to get mograph shader support for next versions.

I was looking for it right now :) I hope you'll add it soon, even if it will be too late for my current need : it will be a great feature...
tegatwork
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D