suggestion on a feature - realtime camera link to octane

Forums: suggestion on a feature - realtime camera link to octane
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

suggestion on a feature - realtime camera link to octane

Postby acc24ex » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm

acc24ex Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm
here's a quick test with rockgen and ivy gen exported to octane, nice free tools, totally respectful

And.. would it be possible to somehow link the camera or movement from c4d to octane's view..
For all of those people that have a two monitor setup (you can always use someones old CRT)
It's what vray RT uses, seems nice to have, it's a bit slow to move around a (almost) realtime render, since it lags at times.. The vray rt approach seems nice, like you can work on your scene and octane renders it side by side..

And another thing, can we relink a scene inside the current octane window via your plugin button, I usually shut down one octane render in order to reload a new, seems quicker or more intuitive to me than relinking so I do it like that, save a scene shut it down an do a octane export+render...
Attachments
ivygen rockgen.png
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: suggestion on a feature - realtime camera link to octane

Postby Nostromo » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 am

Nostromo Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 am
As you know, at the moment there's no way to do neither of those. Some people have been suggesting that when the obj is changed it should automatically relink. I think it's a doable option but we're not ready yet to commit to it.

/M
Nostromo

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D