HSV instead if RGB sliders

Forums: HSV instead if RGB sliders
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

HSV instead if RGB sliders

Postby Gaschka » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Gaschka Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:10 pm
I just purchased the render and have fun playing arount with it. Great to have such a saft render solution at my finger tips!
But I wonder why the C4D bridge uses custom sliders and why the color picker in the materials is fixed to RGB?
I usually use the enhanced color table and set this in the C4D preferences as my default, because I'm used to think in HSV.
As a designer I was teached to think in this way.
Sure I can click in the color box to open up an other color picker but I would prefer so have to option to choose!

Keep it up!
Gaschka
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: HSV instead if RGB sliders

Postby aoktar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 pm

aoktar Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 pm
Gaschka wrote:I just purchased the render and have fun playing arount with it. Great to have such a saft render solution at my finger tips!
But I wonder why the C4D bridge uses custom sliders and why the color picker in the materials is fixed to RGB?
I usually use the enhanced color table and set this in the C4D preferences as my default, because I'm used to think in HSV.
As a designer I was teached to think in this way.
Sure I can click in the color box to open up an other color picker but I would prefer so have to option to choose!

Keep it up!

Thanks for support
sliders are RGB for similarity to the Standalone. HSV can be improved, but we have still long todo list.
we wish to bring quickly this technology for people.

Note: Default controls not support all posibilities of octane:

Will grow, be sure:)
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D