Octane exporter for C4D version 0.12b (current)

Forums: Octane exporter for C4D version 0.12b (current)
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Octane exporter for C4D version 0.12b (current)

Postby Floating.Point » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Floating.Point Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:51 pm
You are getting a card failed error which indicates that the problem is with your Octane setup, rather than the C4D exporter plugin. (So you've probably posted in the wrong thread, really)

Things to troubleshoot include:
Checking you have the correct version of Octane for your card (you know there is a different build required for 6XX series cards, right?) and ensuring you have the correct GPU+Cuda drivers.

Once you think everything is set up correctly, then I'd suggest downloading the example scenes and loading up the benchmark scene from within octane standalone- if that renders okay then you know your Octane setup is now working.

But if you require further assistance getting your Octane setup working- there's heaps of information already available. Here's a good starting point: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3664

Once your Octane setup is working properly, you should find the C4D exporter will work fine too!
1 x 3930K | 1 x TitanX | 1 x GTX 970
Floating.Point
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TrooperFX » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:30 pm

TrooperFX Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:30 pm
Thanks for the quick reply! I will try the things you mentioned! :idea:

-Sebastian
TrooperFX
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby strollinthewoods » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:48 pm

strollinthewoods Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:48 pm
I am curious to try out octane with Cinema 4d, but im baffeled as to how you get the plugin to work?

Could anyone be kind to point me in the right direction on how to install, or were to put scripts and plugins in cinema?

Have a nice day.
win 7 64 | intel i7 quad 3.4Ghz | geforce gtx580 | 16 gb
strollinthewoods
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:26 pm

abstrax Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:26 pm
strollinthewoods wrote:I am curious to try out octane with Cinema 4d, but im baffeled as to how you get the plugin to work?

Could anyone be kind to point me in the right direction on how to install, or were to put scripts and plugins in cinema?

Have a nice day.

In the last C4D releases the plugins should be installed in the user MAXON folder. You can find it by opening C4D and then the preferences dialog. At the bottom of the dialog you will find a button "Open Preferences Folder...". Click there and you file manager opens in that folder, which has a subdirectoy "plugins". Into this directory you extract the corresponding archive posted in the initial post of this thread. You should then have a directory "OctaneExport" inside of this plugins folder.

Then restart C4D and select Plugins -> OctaneExport -> OctaneExport, which will open a dialog which can dock into your layout. The rest works similar as in with most export plugins which is described in the OctaneRender manual.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby strollinthewoods » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:53 pm

strollinthewoods Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:53 pm
Thank you very much. I should be way closer than I was ( I had located the normal plugins folder in the install directory, but not the one on the user )

I have now extracted the octane exporter to the plugins directory, restarted cinema , but it still shows up empty cinema- I`ll include a screengrabs just in case there is something pivotal im missing here.

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction
Attachments
Octane render.JPG
strollinthewoods
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 pm

abstrax Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 pm
strollinthewoods wrote:Thank you very much. I should be way closer than I was ( I had located the normal plugins folder in the install directory, but not the one on the user )

I have now extracted the octane exporter to the plugins directory, restarted cinema , but it still shows up empty cinema- I`ll include a screengrabs just in case there is something pivotal im missing here.

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction

Which archive did you download and unpack? In your case it should have been "OctaneExport_0.12b_win_r12.0_release.zip" and you should find an OctaneExport.cdl64 and OctaneExport.cdl in "...\plugins\OctaneExport\".

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby strollinthewoods » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:22 pm

strollinthewoods Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:22 pm
ahh.. I downloaded the exporter a late night, and just scrolled down until I found the right version, and thought my only consern was to find the right place to put it, and I see now that I downloaded the mac version. And thats the reason it wont show up.

Fixed it now, and look forward to start testing =)

Tanx again!
strollinthewoods
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby stefan_laub » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:05 am

stefan_laub Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:05 am
hi,

i bought octane, but the download of the c4d plugin tells me:

"You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

why is that so, can you help me please, i needed the c4d exporter to use my octane?

thanks
stefan
stefan_laub
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:49 am

abstrax Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:49 am
stefan_laub wrote:hi,

i bought octane, but the download of the c4d plugin tells me:

"You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

why is that so, can you help me please, i needed the c4d exporter to use my octane?

thanks
stefan

Hi Stefan,

Do you still have the problem? I just tried it and the attachments to the thread opener seem to work.

Cheers,
Marcus
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby stefan_laub » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 am

stefan_laub Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 am
hi Marcus,

yes sadly still, i see the attchements but cannot click on them, on the bottom of your post i see in red text a message that i have not sufficient permissions to download files.

thanks
Stefan
stefan_laub
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D