Procedural image sequence offset with cloner instance

Forums: Procedural image sequence offset with cloner instance
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Procedural image sequence offset with cloner instance

Postby gifmotion » Mon May 17, 2021 2:17 am

gifmotion Mon May 17, 2021 2:17 am
Hey octane users,

I'm currently working on a scene that uses the cloner with 120 instances. On my cloner material, I'm able to use the 'Instance range' that's plugged into a gradient that changes the color over the number of instances.

But I'm also using a textured image-sequence plugged into the opacity of the shader on the cloner. And what I'd love to be able to do is offset the image-sequence per clone. Is there any way possible to do this with some sort of a math node and the 'Instance range' node?

The image-sequence I'm using is around 600 frames long. So was hoping to offset each clone by around 5 frames.

Any help would be much appreciated?

Thanks,
Dean
gifmotion
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Procedural image sequence offset with cloner instance

Postby bepeg4d » Mon May 17, 2021 7:11 am

bepeg4d Mon May 17, 2021 7:11 am
Hi Dean,
not an easy task… you should need to split the 600 frames sequence into 120 folders with 5 frames each, then duplicate the frames till 600, and rename them sequentially from 0 to 599, for each 120 folders.
Then in c4doctane, you need a Gradient node in Complex mode with 120 knots, connected to 120 ImageTexture nodes, each one pointing to a different sequence folder, and the Gradient node connected to the Instance Range of Color node, to control the assignment to the instances.

:roll:

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Procedural image sequence offset with cloner instance

Postby gifmotion » Mon May 17, 2021 8:05 am

gifmotion Mon May 17, 2021 8:05 am
Ahh thats great about the 'Complex' and then being able to assign numerous 'Values'. I don't think it will need to be as complex as you have it as I can go to the animation tab on the image sequence and offset each value range by 5 (that part will be a bit manual) but essentially that should all ready cleanly from the one folder and as long as it doesn't crash reading soo many sequences then this should do the trick.

I'll let you know how I go.

Thanks,
Dean
Attachments
Cinema_4D_uOWLDgvXEn.png
Cinema_4D_uOWLDgvXEn.png (8.99 KiB) Viewed 940 times
gifmotion
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D