Viewport freeze with liveview on

Forums: Viewport freeze with liveview on
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Re: Viewport freeze with liveview on

Postby aoktar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:56 pm

aoktar Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:56 pm
FormaDisseny wrote:* * * CINEMA 4D STILL CONSTANTLY FREEZING WHEN OCTANE IS RENDERING WITH MORE THAN 1 or 2 GPU'S * * *

It cannot be a plugin issue if it only happens with multi-gpus. Have you activated gpu priority or disabled viewport gpu for testing?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby FormaDisseny » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am

FormaDisseny Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am
Hi Aoktar

If I keep 3 Gpus of 4 at low priority it works fine with the liveviewer, But the problem is if I use 4 GPUS at High priority for the final renders in the picture viewer or render queue it freeze and lose a lot of render time.
So The Plugin only support multi gpus when all are set at low priority except for the first one ?

All of our machine freeze when all gpus are set to High priority for final renders... Do you want a sample scene ?
FormaDisseny
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:43 am

bepeg4d Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:43 am
Hi FormaDisseny,
please, enable the Priority option only for the GPU connected to the monitor in Low Priority mode.
Changing to High Priority for only one GPU in a 4x machine, shouldn’t give you so much speed gain.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby FormaDisseny » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:19 pm

FormaDisseny Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:19 pm
Hi Bepeg

We will try this tooday, on all machines and give you feedback.
Hope this will solve the issue.

Best Regards
FormaDisseny
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FormaDisseny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:45 pm

FormaDisseny Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:45 pm
Hello.

Making low priority only on the first GPU connected to the monitors ABSOLUTLY DON´T FIX THE ISSUE
We've spend the past 2 years with the same problem on 10 machines with diferent specs and different OS, Cinema versions, Octane versions, and it still freeze... You must fix this please. It is just impossible to work like this, and I have a week or 2 to convince the bosses over wise I will must switch to Redshift.
I don´t want to switch but artists can't work properly at the studio.... they need multi gpu support.

We've made many test and changing priority of the GPUS don't change anything. I can send sample scene if you need to.
FormaDisseny
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:37 pm

mojave Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:37 pm
FormaDisseny wrote:Hello.

Making low priority only on the first GPU connected to the monitors ABSOLUTLY DON´T FIX THE ISSUE
We've spend the past 2 years with the same problem on 10 machines with diferent specs and different OS, Cinema versions, Octane versions, and it still freeze... You must fix this please. It is just impossible to work like this, and I have a week or 2 to convince the bosses over wise I will must switch to Redshift.
I don´t want to switch but artists can't work properly at the studio.... they need multi gpu support.

We've made many test and changing priority of the GPUS don't change anything. I can send sample scene if you need to.

Hi FormaDisseny,

Mojave here from the Octane Dev team. There are may users and studios using Octane and OC4D in production, using up to 20 Gpus and hopefully more in the future. This may happen when your priority is set to high on all GPUs but as this doesn't seem to be your case we need to investigate further to be able to sort this out, would you be able to share the following with us?

- HW (GPUs, motherboard and power supply) and SW (OS and driver version) - From at least one machine where you can reproduce this -.
- A sample scene that makes it easy for you to reproduce the problem.
- Your preferences file (located under %APPDATA%/OctaneRender/*/preferences_v2)
- Do you see any errors in the Octane log when this happens?
- Does this happen when you export your scene to ORBX and render using Octane Standalone?

You may share your data either here or via PM, whatever suits you best.

Regards.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby FormaDisseny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am

FormaDisseny Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am
Hi FormaDisseny,

Mojave here from the Octane Dev team. There are may users and studios using Octane and OC4D in production, using up to 20 Gpus and hopefully more in the future. This may happen when your priority is set to high on all GPUs but as this doesn't seem to be your case we need to investigate further to be able to sort this out, would you be able to share the following with us?

- HW (GPUs, motherboard and power supply) and SW (OS and driver version) - From at least one machine where you can reproduce this -.
- A sample scene that makes it easy for you to reproduce the problem.
- Your preferences file (located under %APPDATA%/OctaneRender/*/preferences_v2)
- Do you see any errors in the Octane log when this happens?
- Does this happen when you export your scene to ORBX and render using Octane Standalone?

You may share your data either here or via PM, whatever suits you best.

Regards.

Hi Mojave.

I give you the spec of the most problematic config :

- Asus Rampage Extreme V ( X99 Southbridge ) / Bios version 3302
- Intel i7 6850K
- 32gb GSKill 3000
-GTX 1080 8gb x4GPUS
-1650Corsair Power Supply
-The all computers freeze without any Octanelog report or warning.
-We never send scene to Standalone, we don't even know how it works.
-What I can say is we use a lot of physics from other programs and send many Alembics/Point Caches/Particles Cache etc into Cinema 4D and add Octane Tag on it.

Today we have the chance to have an Nividia technician coming to our studio to try to solve this.
At Forma Disseny we all prefer that the issue comes from Hardware instead of Octane to be honest. but we don't have even one machine without freezing.

So I send you a very small sample scene of an in production project, with only 2 character animated with some Physics. Just be sure to relocate the Alembic file to see the female character.
When you get close to the characters especially the girl it start freezing on the 10 machines.
I sent you via we transfer at [email protected] , [email protected] and [email protected] the scene (its a client project, need to be private)

So we're waiting for your feedback Mojave, witch it will be very important for the nvidia technician.

Best Regards
FormaDisseny
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:18 am

mojave Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:18 am
Thank you for your answer.

I can't seem to find that power supply. Is it by any chance this one?

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/vs-seriest ... wer-supply

If so, take into account each 1080 needs about 180W so that may be a bit short specially under heavy load.

Please let us know.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby FormaDisseny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am

FormaDisseny Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am
Sorry
The power supply is the Lepa 1700w http://www.jagatreview.com/2014/07/hands-on-review-lepa-maxplatinum-1700w-psu-bertenaga-ekstra-besar/

Our hardware and even the server are build from an external company dedicated to this. We have a technician on place at full time taking care of the right functions of the computers.

technician from Nvidia will be here at 4pm today.

I'll give you the diagnostic.

Could you test the scene ?
FormaDisseny
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:48 pm

mojave Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:48 pm
I just got the chance now, but I haven't received any links, could you please send it to me via forums PM?

Thank you.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D