multi shader cut out

Forums: multi shader cut out
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

multi shader cut out

Postby Thijsdevries » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Thijsdevries Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 pm
Hi guys,

If I apply a material with mult-shader to a cloner the objects get different materials as it should. However if I cut out the cloner with a boolean object the multi-shader don't have any effect anymore. The result is that all clones get the same material again. Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
cutoutMultiShader.jpg
Thijsdevries
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: multi shader cut out

Postby atome451 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 am

atome451 Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 am
Hello Thijsdevries,

It's related to how Octane works. For Octane, there is only meshes in .obj and .abc and materials, no any parametric information like boolean from Cinema 4D. As random color node works only with render instances and a boolean is seen by Octane as a unique mesh, it can't work like that.

You coud by sample render some sequences of random colors to texture (very small, no need nore than some pixels as it is flat color) and use them as texture for each square object without render instances. This way, your boolean will be seen by Octane as a multicolored object and you will be able to animate the random color (i suppose it's for animation). There is maybe another solutions but i'm not at the front of Octane now.

With OSL in Octane 3.1, it seems there will be more possibilities for this kind of problem.

I hope this will be usefull.
Win10 64bits | 3x 980 + 2x 670 + 1060 | Cubix XPander + network | Core i7 3600 MHz | 32GB | 1300w PSU
Sorry for my bad english...
atome451
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Thijsdevries » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Thijsdevries Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:51 pm
Thanks for your reply atome451,

I tried to understand your workaround for this problem but i don't get it. Do you mean a flat projection on the boolean object?

Thanks!
Thijsdevries
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby atome451 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:57 pm

atome451 Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:57 pm
Hi Thijsdevries,

I don't know exactly what you want to do. A flat projection could be a solution but only if you don't want to move your squares or things like that. There is a lot of solutions depending the way you want to animate (if you want to animate?). As there is only nine cubes, you may put nine cubes with different texture tags as child of your cloner and clones them by iteration. This way, you could animate your colors in your different materials with any technique.

But i don't know MoGraph well then there is maybe another solutions.

EDIT: if you want to manage the thickness color of your cubes on booleans borders, you may also replace cubes by planes and add the boolean object in a Cloth nurbs with thickness.
Win10 64bits | 3x 980 + 2x 670 + 1060 | Cubix XPander + network | Core i7 3600 MHz | 32GB | 1300w PSU
Sorry for my bad english...
atome451
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D