Motion blur offset / reference frame

Forums: Motion blur offset / reference frame
Autodesk Softimage XSI (Developed by Face)

Motion blur offset / reference frame

Postby jamnique » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:34 pm

jamnique Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:34 pm
Thanks for the new plug-in version! :)

I am back with another potentially annoying idea, but hear me out ;] It is very cool ;-)

A couple of days ago i played with motion blur and exported one frame to Octane. Then i discovered that moving the camera turns the model into cool lightstreaks. It looks very cool when it moves and could be used for abstract or "magical" effects, and since it renders extremely fast... say no and i will beg ;]

For this to work with normal animation, there would have to be an option to choose motion blur reference frame. Right now it looks for previous/next frames. If you implemented offset, there would be some control over the strength of motion blur. But what would be really really cool would be the possibility to set the reference frame arbitrarily, and animate it.

Say you set the reference frame to 1. The animation starts and the object begins to smudge and warp more and more as the distance between reference frame and current frame increases from frame to frame.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, export a frame with motion blur and start playing with the camera. It doesn't look so amazing with stills.
Attachments
normal motion blur.png
motion blur with offset.png
motion blur with offset 2.png
Intel Core2Quad 9200 / 4 GB OCZ / Gainward 460 2GB
jamnique
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk Softimage XSI