Camera Aperture Line In Render Object?

Forums: Camera Aperture Line In Render Object?
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Camera Aperture Line In Render Object?

Postby jmilton » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm

jmilton Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm
Hi,

I'm getting this line running horizontally through my FBX object. It's noticeably darker below this line. I think it's part of the Aperture setting. It doesn't show on the wall image plane I have in the background. It only shows on the geometry rendered from my FBX object.

In the top photo attached, I see this line when the Thin Lens Camera Aperture is set to 0.200. The bottom picture is when the Aperture setting is set to 0.00. I can't seem to change the Aperture edge to anything but the default 1.0.

Any ideas of what causes this line?

Thanks,
Jeff

ApetureLine.JPG
Aperture set to 0.2
ApetureLine.JPG (19.06 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
ApertureLine2.JPG
Aperture set to 0.0
ApertureLine2.JPG (22.82 KiB) Viewed 2158 times
jmilton
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Camera Aperture Line In Render Object?

Postby jmilton » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:03 pm

jmilton Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:03 pm
Hi

I have the reason this line shows up. It has to do with the height of the camera which moves the image plane. When I moved the camera down to below the base of the statue, the line went away.

My question now is, what is this white barrier? I can't select it or add any materials to it.

WhitePlane2.JPG
Line goes away when the camera is moved down.

WhitePlane1.JPG
Before, when the line rendered

Also this white barrier doesn't allow me to render the HDRI environment or the image plane. Checking or unchecking the Kernel Alpha channel doesn't help.

Thanks,
Jeff
Attachments
WhitePlaneRenderWithAlpha.JPG
With Kernel Alpha channel checked
WhitePlaneRenderNoAlpha.JPG
When Kernel Alpha channel is not checked.
jmilton
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jmilton » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:31 pm

jmilton Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:31 pm
I learned what was causing this mysterious white plane is. I had checked "Convert to Octane plane". Turned it off and it went away. Had to change the Image Plane to an Octane material manually.

Does anyone have any insight when we will get updated documentation for Octane for Maya? Nothing anywhere on new features, or how to use them like in this example.

I'm trying to load in some tracked footage from Syntheyes, project image sequence on a image plane, add some mesh object to composite. Not finding documentation or YouTube videos on how to do this.

Thansk,
Jeff
Attachments
ConvertToOctanePlaneJPG.JPG
jmilton
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 pm

BK Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 pm
jmilton wrote:I learned what was causing this mysterious white plane is. I had checked "Convert to Octane plane". Turned it off and it went away. Had to change the Image Plane to an Octane material manually.

Does anyone have any insight when we will get updated documentation for Octane for Maya? Nothing anywhere on new features, or how to use them like in this example.

I'm trying to load in some tracked footage from Syntheyes, project image sequence on a image plane, add some mesh object to composite. Not finding documentation or YouTube videos on how to do this.

Thansk,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for the updates.

We have fixed the Aperture edge issue for the next release. Sorry, our documentation updates are running a little bit behind.
Octane for Maya plugin supports Maya native Image plane AFAIK. If it's not working then please PM me a sample scene.

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Autodesk Maya