IES and Spotlights

Forums: IES and Spotlights
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

IES and Spotlights

Postby mverta » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:04 am

mverta Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:04 am
Latest Octane 2020 build: I do not see IES visualization in Maya 2020 (Win 10/Nvidia 2080TI), and it does not appear any of the .ies files I've tried are working. Is there a clear tutorial for IES files?

Also, I do not understand the Spotlight implementation. The relationship between throw and other parameters does not seem to generate any predictable results. Again, any clear instructions for this feature?

Thank you.
mverta
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: IES and Spotlights

Postby BK » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:58 am

BK Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:58 am
mverta wrote:Latest Octane 2020 build: I do not see IES visualization in Maya 2020 (Win 10/Nvidia 2080TI), and it does not appear any of the .ies files I've tried are working. Is there a clear tutorial for IES files?

Also, I do not understand the Spotlight implementation. The relationship between throw and other parameters does not seem to generate any predictable results. Again, any clear instructions for this feature?

Thank you.

Hi Mverta,

Thank you!! The IES visualization is now under `Simplified Emitter mat. setup` rollout when you select the Octane Lights! we do have a slightly older video tutorial on IES

Would it be possible if you can share some images of the error and expected result including a Maya sample file?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Autodesk Maya