Octane and ornatrix feathers workflow.

Forums: Octane and ornatrix feathers workflow.
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Octane and ornatrix feathers workflow.

Postby abeoctane » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:59 pm

abeoctane Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:59 pm
Hi, I need to do a bird with ornatrix in maya, and saw a tutorial on youtube that in order to texture the feathers I have to do UV linking with two uvs in the same feather mesh and applying a layered texture in order to get the body color and the transparency of the feather, can it be done in octane 4 or 2020? or there is another way to texture the feathers to get the body color and the feather transparency at the same time with octane?, thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-IPdOnBdY
abeoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane and ornatrix feathers workflow.

Postby BK » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:36 am

BK Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:36 am
abeoctane wrote:Hi, I need to do a bird with ornatrix in maya, and saw a tutorial on youtube that in order to texture the feathers I have to do UV linking with two uvs in the same feather mesh and applying a layered texture in order to get the body color and the transparency of the feather, can it be done in octane 4 or 2020? or there is another way to texture the feathers to get the body color and the feather transparency at the same time with octane?, thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-IPdOnBdY

Hi Abeoctane, Sorry for the late reply.

Would it be possible to share a sample file, while we try to fix our Ephere's license?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abeoctane » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:24 am

abeoctane Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:24 am
Hi BK,I dont have a scene but I need to do a bird with ornatrix, I have octane 4 but It looks like cant render feathers with double uvs and dont support uv linking to texture mix that is needed for the feathers,Id like to know if octane 2020 support double uvs per object and uv linking neccesary to texture the feathers with ornatrix, the youtube video tuitorial in my first post explain this, thanks.
abeoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:03 am

BK Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:03 am
abeoctane wrote:Hi BK,I dont have a scene but I need to do a bird with ornatrix, I have octane 4 but It looks like cant render feathers with double uvs and dont support uv linking to texture mix that is needed for the feathers,Id like to know if octane 2020 support double uvs per object and uv linking neccesary to texture the feathers with ornatrix, the youtube video tuitorial in my first post explain this, thanks.

Hi Abeoctane,

unfortunately!! Octane 2020 still yet to support render feather with double uvs and the uv linking.
However, once the Orantrix license starts to work we could try to find a workaround for you.

cheers :)
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Autodesk Maya