Dark Shadow Issue?

Forums: Dark Shadow Issue?
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Dark Shadow Issue?

Postby jmilton » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 pm

jmilton Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 pm
Hi,

I'm a new convert from Lightwave where I used Octane before moving to Maya. I'm see this issue when setting up a scene in Maya. I'm seeing this dark 'shadow' that changes when I move the camera position. I get the same 'shadow' if I change the Kernel type.

I'm using HDRI image for the background and Octane Environment. The odd thing is this didn't show up when I set up the scene but after I saved the file, rebooted and reloaded the Maya scene the 'shadow' shows up.

Thansk,
Jeff
Attachments
Shadow2.JPG
Shaddow1.JPG
jmilton
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Dark Shadow Issue?

Postby BK » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:44 am

BK Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:44 am
jmilton wrote:Hi,

I'm a new convert from Lightwave where I used Octane before moving to Maya. I'm see this issue when setting up a scene in Maya. I'm seeing this dark 'shadow' that changes when I move the camera position. I get the same 'shadow' if I change the Kernel type.

I'm using HDRI image for the background and Octane Environment. The odd thing is this didn't show up when I set up the scene but after I saved the file, rebooted and reloaded the Maya scene the 'shadow' shows up.

Thansk,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the post.
Could you please share the scene here or via PM for us to take a quick look?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby jmilton » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:06 pm

jmilton Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:06 pm
Hi BK,

Thanks for taking a look. I included all textures I used so the .rar file is large. I put it out at this OneDrive location. Let me know if you can't access or you need other files.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiKS6LJ0blRShIBdobwxeqsXOs8icQ?e=WWWWmi

Thanks,
Jeff
jmilton
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 pm

BK Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 pm
jmilton wrote:Hi BK,

Thanks for taking a look. I included all textures I used so the .rar file is large. I put it out at this OneDrive location. Let me know if you can't access or you need other files.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiKS6LJ0blRShIBdobwxeqsXOs8icQ?e=WWWWmi

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for sharing the scene file.

Would you please try re-link the Normal map and roughness texture path from the Hypershade and see if it works?
For some reason, these two textures were not loaded maybe it's best to work setting as Maya project.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby jmilton » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:34 pm

jmilton Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:34 pm
HI BK,

Thanks for the help. The problem was with the Normal map node. Removing the normal node link and re-connecting didn't work. I had to delete the Octane Image Texture node in Hypershade, re-add a new one then add back the Normal map for the brick wall.

Thanks,
Jeff
jmilton
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:09 pm

BK Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:09 pm
jmilton wrote:HI BK,

Thanks for the help. The problem was with the Normal map node. Removing the normal node link and re-connecting didn't work. I had to delete the Octane Image Texture node in Hypershade, re-add a new one then add back the Normal map for the brick wall.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thank you Jeff!! Glad to hear it's working now :)

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Autodesk Maya