Add some kind of log in batch render,PLZ :)

Forums: Add some kind of log in batch render,PLZ :)
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Add some kind of log in batch render,PLZ :)

Postby AlexSudnikov » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:43 pm

AlexSudnikov Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:43 pm
Hey everyone...use octane a lot , almost got used to the fact that it stop working 5 out of 10 times...it's mainly OK for some static renders i make , but when it comes to animation and batch renderer...it becomes a torture , i mean when it stops rendering it won't even give an errors to the rendering log...or did i miss something ?( Anyways...it seems like new features appear but old prblems remain.
Thx.
AlexSudnikov
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Add some kind of log in batch render,PLZ :)

Postby BK » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:21 am

BK Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:21 am
AlexSudnikov wrote:Hey everyone...use octane a lot , almost got used to the fact that it stop working 5 out of 10 times...it's mainly OK for some static renders i make , but when it comes to animation and batch renderer...it becomes a torture , i mean when it stops rendering it won't even give an errors to the rendering log...or did i miss something ?( Anyways...it seems like new features appear but old prblems remain.
Thx.

Hi AlexSudnikov,

Thank you for reporting this.
Could you please extract the octane_log_flags.txt file inside [\bin\octane] folder then, run the batch rendering process until the crash happens?
Maya should generate a log file inside the temp folder [%temp%]. please PM that file as a zip to help us investigate if it's our plugin problem or Maya Batch itself.

octane_log_flags.7z
(374 Bytes) Downloaded 261 times

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby AlexSudnikov » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:14 am

AlexSudnikov Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:14 am
Hi, thx for an answer)
Well, the thing is that there is neither octane_log_flags.txt in Maya/bin/octane folder, nor crashLog in %temp%. In fact , it's not Maya that stops working, it's octane itself).
When i render through the IPR window and something goes wrong , i just recieve this and restart Maya :
CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
-> failed to wait for event
device 0: path tracing kernel failed

But in case of Batch Render, it would just hang on forever...unless you cancel it manually.

// Result: Rendering with OctaneRender... //
// Result: Percentage of rendering done: 0 (starting) //
// Result: Percentage of rendering done: 1 (C:/Users/User/Documents/maya/projects/default/images/Abs_2_0001.png) //
// Result: Percentage of rendering done: 2 (C:/Users/User/Documents/maya/projects/default/images/Abs_2_0002.png) //
// Result: Render Cancelled. //

So the only way to see if rendering is in progress , is to check if new frames appear or not, which is a bit ugly))
Working on Windows 10 , i5-8600 @3.1 GHz , 16 Gb RAM , GeForce GTX 780 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Thx)

P.S. : here is the scene: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyedofowh4u5zao/RenderingTest.ma?dl=0, if it helps...and my Maya version is 2018.
AlexSudnikov
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 am

BK Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 am
AlexSudnikov wrote:Hi, thx for an answer)
Well, the thing is that there is neither octane_log_flags.txt in Maya/bin/octane folder, nor crashLog in %temp%. In fact , it's not Maya that stops working, it's octane itself).
When i render through the IPR window and something goes wrong , i just recieve this and restart Maya :
CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
-> failed to wait for event
device 0: path tracing kernel failed

But in case of Batch Render, it would just hang on forever...unless you cancel it manually.

// Result: Rendering with OctaneRender... //
// Result: Percentage of rendering done: 0 (starting) //
// Result: Percentage of rendering done: 1 (C:/Users/User/Documents/maya/projects/default/images/Abs_2_0001.png) //
// Result: Percentage of rendering done: 2 (C:/Users/User/Documents/maya/projects/default/images/Abs_2_0002.png) //
// Result: Render Cancelled. //

So the only way to see if rendering is in progress , is to check if new frames appear or not, which is a bit ugly))
Working on Windows 10 , i5-8600 @3.1 GHz , 16 Gb RAM , GeForce GTX 780 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Thx)

P.S. : here is the scene: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyedofowh4u5zao/RenderingTest.ma?dl=0, if it helps...and my Maya version is 2018.

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for your scene file.
The CUDA error 700 is related to Nvidia driver not properly installed.

Could you please run a clean install of the Nvidia driver 431.36 and let us know how it goes?

Sorry, the octane_log_flags.txt must be copied under the path, for example [ C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2019\bin\octane ]. And in case of a crash, Octane will auto-generate a log.txt crash report under the temp folder.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Autodesk Maya