Batch Rendering Issue MAYA 2018

Forums: Batch Rendering Issue MAYA 2018
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Batch Rendering Issue MAYA 2018

Postby NNelson » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 pm

NNelson Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 pm
I am having an issue when it comes to Batch Rendering through the Octane 4 plugin.

I have a simple animation scene set up, a ball moving through the scene and a camera move. The render looks good and how I want it but when I got to Batch Render my scene, it does not render out my sequence.

My issue is that of my sequence (1-80 frames) , the batch render will only render one frame. (And it happens to be whichever frame my play-head is on in the timeline.)

I do not get an error when I go to batch render. The command line at the bottom says that it is "Rendering with OctaneRender..." and then a second later, it says that Rendering is Complete. And then when I got into my images file path that I had set up, I see the new folder created, but only the one image of my sequence.

Am I doing something wrong? All my rendering settings seem to be in order, similar to what I would do for generically rendering out of Maya in regards to the Common Settings Tab.

Best,
NNelson
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Batch Rendering Issue MAYA 2018

Postby calus » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:47 pm

calus Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:47 pm
NNelson wrote:I am having an issue when it comes to Batch Rendering through the Octane 4 plugin.

I have a simple animation scene set up, a ball moving through the scene and a camera move. The render looks good and how I want it but when I got to Batch Render my scene, it does not render out my sequence.

My issue is that of my sequence (1-80 frames) , the batch render will only render one frame. (And it happens to be whichever frame my play-head is on in the timeline.)

I do not get an error when I go to batch render. The command line at the bottom says that it is "Rendering with OctaneRender..." and then a second later, it says that Rendering is Complete. And then when I got into my images file path that I had set up, I see the new folder created, but only the one image of my sequence.

Am I doing something wrong? All my rendering settings seem to be in order, similar to what I would do for generically rendering out of Maya in regards to the Common Settings Tab.

Best,

Hum indeed this is strange, I saw some issues with batch render but not this one.
Nothing more than the usual settings in common tab should be needed,
maybe there is a conflict with another plugin ? hard to guess what's happening here, can you share your sample scene with the bug ?
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Vyoor » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:10 am

Vyoor Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:10 am
I have the same issue.
Simple scenes and batch render stopping after 1-3 frames. The only way is render one by one frame with backburner for example which is much slower.
i7, 4x GTX 780, Maya.
Vyoor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Pandora » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:55 am

Pandora Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:55 am
Same problem. License ok, reinstalled octane. EVERY SCENE batch render give me same problem
Pandora
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk Maya