maya fluid smoke

Forums: maya fluid smoke
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

maya fluid smoke

Postby piwas » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:35 am

piwas Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:35 am
Hi,
i trying to smoke, but when I do smoke using a texture it is not visible. I used the medium material the same as the figure in the right where the smoke created by the emitter. Can anyone advise me?
Thank you
Attachments
1.jpg
piwas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: maya fluid smoke

Postby calus » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:10 am

calus Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:10 am
piwas wrote:Hi,
i trying to smoke, but when I do smoke using a texture it is not visible. I used the medium material the same as the figure in the right where the smoke created by the emitter. Can anyone advise me?
Thank you

The fluid support in the Octane plugin is very very limited, fluid texture grid and the dropoff grid are just ignored...
However you can export the fluid as a VDB grid with this plugin : https://github.com/bram0101/openVDB_mayaGUI
and render it in Maya trough an Octane VDB object or an ORBX proxy.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby piwas » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:58 am

piwas Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:58 am
calus wrote:
piwas wrote:Hi,
Thank you

The fluid support in the Octane plugin is very very limited, fluid texture grid and the dropoff grid are just ignored...
However you can export the fluid as a VDB grid with this plugin : https://github.com/bram0101/openVDB_mayaGUI
and render it in Maya trough an Octane VDB object or an ORBX proxy.

Thanks for your answer. It took me a while to figure out how to fix it, but I already have it. Now I'm going to try how it works.
piwas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sarichev » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:33 pm

sarichev Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:33 pm
Hi guys,

i've added the plugin but every time i try to export it gets stuck on saving at 0%. i didnt try to save range just 1.
sarichev
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 am

calus Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 am
sarichev wrote:Hi guys,

i've added the plugin but every time i try to export it gets stuck on saving at 0%. i didnt try to save range just 1.

hum that's weird I don't have such issue here, did you set a correct output path to a vdb filename ?
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk Maya