Little cubes appearing on hair

Forums: Little cubes appearing on hair
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Little cubes appearing on hair

Postby abeoctane » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:25 am

abeoctane Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:25 am
Hi, I have another problem with hair a very bad and almost unusable octane implementation, well, some times appear on the render some little cubes or geometry dancing over the hair, like they are taking the place of some hairs or something, do you know what it could be? some render settings or something?, I am using the lattest octane stable version and maya 2016. :?
abeoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Little cubes appearing on hair

Postby BK » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:50 am

BK Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:50 am
abeoctane wrote:Hi, I have another problem with hair a very bad and almost unusable octane implementation, well, some times appear on the render some little cubes or geometry dancing over the hair, like they are taking the place of some hairs or something, do you know what it could be? some render settings or something?, I am using the lattest octane stable version and maya 2016. :?

Hello Abeoctane,

Thank you for reporting this.
Not sure if anyone has encountered this. Would you please try exporting as an ORBX animation and check if it has the same issue?

Is it okay to share some screenshots, steps to replicate or sample file? If it's copyrighted then you can PM us.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abeoctane » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:09 am

abeoctane Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:09 am
BK wrote:
abeoctane wrote:Hi, I have another problem with hair a very bad and almost unusable octane implementation, well, some times appear on the render some little cubes or geometry dancing over the hair, like they are taking the place of some hairs or something, do you know what it could be? some render settings or something?, I am using the lattest octane stable version and maya 2016. :?

Hello Abeoctane,

Not sure if anyone has encountered this. Would you please try exporting as an ORBX animation and check if it has the same issue?

Is it okay to share some screenshots, steps to replicate or sample file? If it's copyrighted then you can PM us.

cheers

Hi Bk, It looks like the setting "Clump Width" is the one that maybe is causing the problem, any numer above 0 and the little geometry appear over the hair, but I dont know if it is the only thing causing it.
Attachments
hair_little_cubes2.PNG
hair_little_cubes2.PNG (53.67 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
hair_little_cubes.PNG
hair_little_cubes.PNG (266.25 KiB) Viewed 2827 times
abeoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:51 am

BK Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:51 am
abeoctane wrote:
BK wrote:

Hello Abeoctane,

cheers

Hi Bk, It looks like the setting "Clump Width" is the one that maybe is causing the problem, any numer above 0 and the little geometry appear over the hair, but I dont know if it is the only thing causing it.

Hi Abeoctane,

Thank you for the steps. Is it possible to share the scene for us to have a look or maybe debug?
Meanwhile, we will try to reproduce and will be in touch soon.
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby abeoctane » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 pm

abeoctane Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 pm
BK wrote:Thank you for the steps. Is it possible to share the scene for us to have a look or maybe debug?
Meanwhile, we will try to reproduce and will be in touch soon.

Hi BK, unfortunately I cant share with you the scene, but it is a character with a poly mesh made with quads and 2000 nhair follicles.
abeoctane
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk Maya