Maya Batch Redner and ORBX export failures

Forums: Maya Batch Redner and ORBX export failures
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Maya Batch Redner and ORBX export failures

Postby spectacle » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:24 pm

spectacle Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:24 pm
Hello all,

I'm using Maya on MacOS and in general I have a great experience with Octane right up until I want to render out an image sequence. Whenever I do a Batch Render it half the time just does nothing, and the other half it will render a sequence but takes FOREVER, like the frame translation time between frames is crazy for some reason. I also have very mixed luck exporting a .orbx. When it works it's awesome and Standalone has none of the interframe translation time issues, but very often exporting the .orbx from maya will fail, or it will say its successful but really its just a useless 263k. I know I haven't provided any info about my system or specific Octane versions, but honestly I've had these issues in every version of V3, and pretty much all my files. Are there common pitfalls to look out for when preparing to render a sequence? I feel like I must be missing something. I noticed a previous thread said to set the file forming to "name_#.ext" but that hasn't helped.
I LOVE how easy and fast my IPR render is, but it just totally kills me when I spend a day trying to export a scene.

Thanks!
Dave
spectacle
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Maya Batch Redner and ORBX export failures

Postby spectacle » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:28 pm

spectacle Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:28 pm
To elaborate on my current problem. When I try to Export All using Octane Animated Scene it takes a minute and I see it creating the appropriate temp directories with the assets of the right size, but then it says it's done, but the remaining file is just 263 bytes. The output says:

failed to open package "/Volumes/PROJECTS/17016_Bloomies_Minature/3D/RENDERS/FLAGSHIP_14.orbx"
Failed to create destination package "/Volumes/PROJECTS/17016_Bloomies_Minature/3D/RENDERS/FLAGSHIP_14.orbx" for re-export
failed to write ORBX file '/Volumes/PROJECTS/17016_Bloomies_Minature/3D/RENDERS/FLAGSHIP_14.orbx'
file "/Volumes/PROJECTS/17016_Bloomies_Minature/3D/RENDERS/FLAGSHIP_14.orbx" doesn't exist

// Octane: Scene file was successfully stored.
// /Volumes/PROJECTS/17016_Bloomies_Minature/3D/RENDERS/FLAGSHIP_14.orbx //

I've tried saving to my desktop and to a network drive with correct permissions.
spectacle
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby spectacle » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:01 pm

spectacle Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:01 pm
I've tried in Octane 3.06.2 and 3.06.4
spectacle
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:34 am

BK Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:34 am
spectacle wrote:I've tried in Octane 3.06.2 and 3.06.4

Hi Dave,

Are you rendering using Command line? Is it possible to PM us a sample file?
And please try to export by unchecking the "Export scene as merged alembic node in ORBX package" from the export dialog window?

Please let us know how it goes?

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby spectacle » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:28 pm

spectacle Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:28 pm
Hello,

Thanks for the response. :)

Here is a link to a sample file, I'll also PM it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gd0vxwd65j21 ... e.zip?dl=0

In version 9.41 I don't have any issues. Version 11.7 has the export with animation issue.

I can successfully export scenes that don't contain vertex animation when I disable "Export scene as merged alembic node in ORBX package", but my current project requires I have alembic assets in the scene, so for now I'm just downgrading to 9.41.

I haven't tried the command line, is there any documentation on that for MacOS?

Thanks for taking a look!
Dave
spectacle
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:25 am

BK Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:25 am
spectacle wrote:Hello,

Thanks for the response. :)

Here is a link to a sample file, I'll also PM it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gd0vxwd65j21 ... e.zip?dl=0

In version 9.41 I don't have any issues. Version 11.7 has the export with animation issue.

I can successfully export scenes that don't contain vertex animation when I disable "Export scene as merged alembic node in ORBX package", but my current project requires I have alembic assets in the scene, so for now I'm just downgrading to 9.41.

I haven't tried the command line, is there any documentation on that for MacOS?

Thanks for taking a look!
Dave

Hey, Dave,

Thank you for the sample files. We have created a bug report on our system and confirmed that this would be fixed in our refactored Octane for Maya.
Meanwhile, please use the 9.41 to export into ORBX, if there are alembic in the scene.

We are still yet to update Octane for Maya documentation, however, there is command line tools readme file inside Maya201x. Hope this would help.
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Autodesk Maya