Uv sets does not working Help! [SOLVED]

Forums: Uv sets does not working Help! [SOLVED]
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Uv sets does not working Help! [SOLVED]

Postby L_E_X » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:51 am

L_E_X Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:51 am
I have the tree with two uv Sets, first uv set for diffuse and bump textures nodes in mix mode by texture mix node and other uv Set for the mix texture node. My target to get different textures across the tree model wich driving by texture.
I created two shades with difference textures in diffuse channel and octaneUVProjection node with uvSet = 1 in projection attribute. After i created mix shader and connected these two shaders with material1 and material 2 thereafter. After that i created texture for control mix between two shaders and connect octaneUVProjection node with uvSet = 2 in projection attribute - i think i must to get result with 2 mixed shaders by texture, but no mix is appear - i see one shader on model instead of two mixed shaders.
May be i must to connect uvprojection atributes from maya to octaneUVProjection node? But i can not find in help or in forum, how it must be done.

This is problem with different UV sets. I think, octane can't switch between uv sets and octaneUVProjection node -does not work, or i must to connect some one else to octaneUVProjection ?

Please help to decide this problem.

Thank you for help. Best regards Lex.
5x-Gtx1080 Ti+ 4x-Gtx 780 Ti, 2x-Xeon 2687W, 192Gb Ram
L_E_X
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Uv sets does not working Help!

Postby L_E_X » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:20 am

L_E_X Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:20 am
I try to create simple object - box. And i create two uv sets for it. Apply diffuse shader and attach the texture file to. After that i created octaneUVProjection and connect to texture node. Then i tried to render with different value of octaneUVProjection> uv set. With value 1 i must to get the picture with my object with 1 uv set - it is work correctly and has no problems but when i set value to 2 i get image with fill brown color applyed instead of 2 uv set with texture bottom. Why it is appear? May be my workflow with uv set isn't correct? Who know how correctly use many uv sets on one object in octane maya plugin? It is very usefull feature and should be work correctly i need it.
L_E_X
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:49 pm

calus Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:49 pm
Your workflow should be correct, but,
the Octane plugin only export/extract the current UVset of the mesh (but at least respect the current UVset),
As a result extracted geometry with the Maya plugin only have 1 UV set... (that's why UVset2 and 3 doesn't work in UVprojetcion node).

I was on the impression multi-UVset were supported at one point in Octane for Maya but this is not working either in the older plugin I can test with,
so I guess finally this was never supported in the Maya plugin :(
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby L_E_X » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:10 am

L_E_X Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:10 am
This is mean - octane does not support multi uv set workflow..... This is very bad news. This feature is fundamental for CG and I refuse to believe that this could be. This function should be initially implemented... No production use is posible if it is true... (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
L_E_X
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby itsallgoode9 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:26 pm

itsallgoode9 Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:26 pm
calus wrote:Your workflow should be correct, but,
the Octane plugin only export/extract the current UVset of the mesh (but at least respect the current UVset),
As a result extracted geometry with the Maya plugin only have 1 UV set... (that's why UVset2 and 3 doesn't work in UVprojetcion node).

I was on the impression multi-UVset were supported at one point in Octane for Maya but this is not working either in the older plugin I can test with,
so I guess finally this was never supported in the Maya plugin :(

Weird, wasn't this definitely implemented a long time ago? Since they originally didn't support this, I had changed my workflow and never really looked at it again. There's still the UV set selector in the texture, yeah? Just wondering if this is a thing that is supposed to be in there, it's just always been broken, or what?
Intel i7-3930K, 64gb RAM, Asus X79 Deluxe mobo, 2x EVGA 780 6gb (for rendering), 1x PNY quaddro k4000 (for display)
Windows 8.1 x64, Maya 2014, Octane Render v2
itsallgoode9
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:34 pm

calus Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:34 pm
itsallgoode9 wrote:Weird, wasn't this definitely implemented a long time ago? Since they originally didn't support this, I had changed my workflow and never really looked at it again. There's still the UV set selector in the texture, yeah? Just wondering if this is a thing that is supposed to be in there, it's just always been broken, or what?

Well the UVselector attribute was working but there was no UVset extracted from Maya meshes other than the current one,
so it was useless.

But few days after this thread, multi-UVset extracting has been finaly implemented in OctaneRender® for Maya® 3.06 (test 3) - 10.1
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk Maya