Import multiple materials from LocalDB

Forums: Import multiple materials from LocalDB
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Import multiple materials from LocalDB

Postby Manivarma_HMX_1 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:19 am

Manivarma_HMX_1 Wed May 18, 2022 11:19 am
I have been looking for any options or code to import multiple materials from LocalDB storage. Not as ORBX Material which works just fine with -imporbx, the Octane DB panel has a neat feature to convert the LocalDB file to Maya but there seem to be no options to do them in a batch. Or select a multiple of them in the UI and import them with a click even if there is no code available. It would be great to know if there are any ways to achieve it even if the file gets a bit messy with nodes.
Manivarma_HMX_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Import multiple materials from LocalDB

Postby BK » Fri May 20, 2022 5:13 am

BK Fri May 20, 2022 5:13 am
Manivarma_HMX_1 wrote:I have been looking for any options or code to import multiple materials from LocalDB storage. Not as ORBX Material which works just fine with -imporbx, the Octane DB panel has a neat feature to convert the LocalDB file to Maya but there seem to be no options to do them in a batch. Or select a multiple of them in the UI and import them with a click even if there is no code available. It would be great to know if there are any ways to achieve it even if the file gets a bit messy with nodes.

Hi Manivarma,

Thank you for the post.

Have you tried Uncheck/disabling the *Import as orbx material* option under the OctaneDB path?
This should import OFM shaders in Hypershade.
Multiple selections must be implemented from our engine.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Manivarma_HMX_1 » Fri May 20, 2022 2:05 pm

Manivarma_HMX_1 Fri May 20, 2022 2:05 pm
Hi BK,

BK wrote:Have you tried Uncheck/disabling the *Import as orbx material* option under the OctaneDB path?

Import works, there is no problem with that. I'm just looking for any mel/python scripts or options to import multiple materials at the same time. So I take it there is no way to batch import multiple materials from DB to Maya.
Manivarma_HMX_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu May 26, 2022 3:26 am

BK Thu May 26, 2022 3:26 am
Manivarma_HMX_1 wrote:Hi BK,

BK wrote:Have you tried Uncheck/disabling the *Import as orbx material* option under the OctaneDB path?

Import works, there is no problem with that. I'm just looking for any mel/python scripts or options to import multiple materials at the same time. So I take it there is no way to batch import multiple materials from DB to Maya.

Hi Manivarma,

Thanks so much!
Unfortunately, to import multiple materials we need Octane live/local DB to be able to select multiple DB.
The multiple select need to be implemented from our engine side.
Jim is considering writing OctaneRender for Maya's own completely separate UI for Live and Local DB in future releases.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Autodesk Maya