Octane license. Activation error.

Forums: Octane license. Activation error.
Autodesk Maya (Plugin developed by JimStar)

Moderator: JimStar

Octane license. Activation error.

Postby Maskeline » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am

Maskeline Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 am
Hi, I hope that someone can help me and it may help someone too.
I had installed a TP-Link usb wifi adapter. Since then was impossible activate the license. I connected again the ethernet cable and it still happend.
After many tests, the way I foud to solve it is that each time that it lost the license, f.e. when launch a batch render, I have to shoot down the computer, disconnect for a time the power cable, connect it again, restart and activate the license.
Anyone know how to fix that problem. Thanks a lot
octane_license_error.jpg
Maskeline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane license. Activation error.

Postby hellguy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:39 am

hellguy Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:39 am
Hi Maskeline,

The error shown is thrown by the underlying cURL library when it is unable to complete the SSL handshake, either due to a protocol error (i.e. You are using a proxy that is not correctly configured for SSL) or a certificate error (Either a proxy, or your firewall software, is performing MitM with all your internet traffic, resulting in a certificate that is not trusted by your machine). As you mentioned a WiFi card, it is possible that if you are connecting over a corporate or public WiFi network, your traffic is passing through a proxy.

I recommend the following:

• If you have firewall software installed, disable it completely and try again.
  • If you are connected over WiFi (especially if it is a corporate or public network), try connecting over a wired connection instead.
hellguy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Maskeline » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 am

Maskeline Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 am
hellguy wrote:Hi Maskeline,

The error shown is thrown by the underlying cURL library when it is unable to complete the SSL handshake, either due to a protocol error (i.e. You are using a proxy that is not correctly configured for SSL) or a certificate error (Either a proxy, or your firewall software, is performing MitM with all your internet traffic, resulting in a certificate that is not trusted by your machine). As you mentioned a WiFi card, it is possible that if you are connecting over a corporate or public WiFi network, your traffic is passing through a proxy.

I recommend the following:

• If you have firewall software installed, disable it completely and try again.
  • If you are connected over WiFi (especially if it is a corporate or public network), try connecting over a wired connection instead.

Thanks hellguy, but I don´t have a firewall software installed and although i had installed a wifi pen drive, I´m connecting over a wired connection and still happend.
Maskeline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:13 pm

mojave Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:13 pm
If you are not using either a firewall or a proxy, perhaps your root certificate authorities settings have been messed up for some reason.

To reset your CA store using the latest version from Windows Update open a command prompt (as Admin) and run the following:

Code: Select all
certutil -generateSSTFromWU roots.sst
certutil -addstore -f root roots.sst

Full documentation from Microsoft.

Please let us know if that helps.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Autodesk Maya