3ds Max standard rendering slower than octane viewport

Forums: 3ds Max standard rendering slower than octane viewport
3D Studio Max Plugin (Export Script Plugins developed by [gk] and KilaD; Integrated Plugin developed by Karba)
Forum rules
Please post only in English in this subforum. For alternate language discussion please go here viewforum.php?f=18

Re: 3ds Max standard rendering slower than octane viewport

Postby coilbook » Tue May 18, 2021 4:48 pm

coilbook Tue May 18, 2021 4:48 pm
neonZorglub wrote:
Jani wrote:So I've saved a scene which demonstrates the problem for your viewing.

It is available here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... k2qlw4XlJ6

labeled 'problem.max'

This one suffers even when no actual geometry gets loaded from forest pack, as the first few frames contain no forest pack geometry before an animated shape object starts revealing it.

So the problem in this case is both octane viewport as well as max render view related.

Please help, as I need to have this project ready at least as a draft on Monday, and at current pace of rendering that's not possible(due to geometry load being slow)

Kind regards,

Jan

Hi Jani,
Thank you for your scene.
I checked the slow part of the evaluation step, and it's the call to forest pack start of frame rendering, for each time in the timeline..
I understand it updates and gather all information needed, (even if the objects end up not visible)
Then I request the list of FP objects, and process it, but that's quick..
I tried to remove this slow call in the past, for some cases, but several other issues did appear..
Sorry, there is no quick fix at this point.. I'll need to investigate more in deep..
Thanks

Hi neonZorglub,
I actually remember that itoo used to evaluate instantly and had animated mesh. Then we had problems with itoo motion blur and direct/legacy was introduced and now it has an instant evaluation only for stationary itoo. Thanks
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: 3ds Max standard rendering slower than octane viewport

Postby coilbook » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:33 pm

coilbook Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:33 pm
neonZorglub wrote:
Jani wrote:So I've saved a scene which demonstrates the problem for your viewing.

It is available here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... k2qlw4XlJ6

labeled 'problem.max'

This one suffers even when no actual geometry gets loaded from forest pack, as the first few frames contain no forest pack geometry before an animated shape object starts revealing it.

So the problem in this case is both octane viewport as well as max render view related.

Please help, as I need to have this project ready at least as a draft on Monday, and at current pace of rendering that's not possible(due to geometry load being slow)

Kind regards,

Jan

Hi Jani,
Thank you for your scene.
I checked the slow part of the evaluation step, and it's the call to forest pack start of frame rendering, for each time in the timeline..
I understand it updates and gather all information needed, (even if the objects end up not visible)
Then I request the list of FP objects, and process it, but that's quick..
I tried to remove this slow call in the past, for some cases, but several other issues did appear..
Sorry, there is no quick fix at this point.. I'll need to investigate more in deep..
Thanks

Hi neonZorglub,
It looks like itoo camera mode (grass shows up only where camera points) doesn't work anymore. So in legacy mode if my camera turns during rendering there is no grass. Otoy doesnt even update itoo camera anymore. Can you fix it please ?
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Autodesk 3Ds Max