OCIO settings // bug without OCIO clamp pixels

Forums: OCIO settings // bug without OCIO clamp pixels
3D Studio Max Plugin (Export Script Plugins developed by [gk] and KilaD; Integrated Plugin developed by Karba)
Forum rules
Please post only in English in this subforum. For alternate language discussion please go here viewforum.php?f=18

OCIO settings // bug without OCIO clamp pixels

Postby javierluisbravo » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:48 am

javierluisbravo Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:48 am
Hi..

Octane OCIO setup? I can't find proper explanations in the posts..of what is what.

OCIO: Specify config file
=> you need a config file. You have to download a rar from Sony i think.. it's like a couple of gb where you put on you C: and read the configs from that folder.. That works for Nuke, all vfx soft. Or you can set environment in windows pointing to that folder.
I avoided the env stuff as that made all laggy in after effects.

OCIO: Color Space: Octane?
=> If this is the internal octane color space. We should all put ACESCG to do a AcesCG workflow.. (not the other option really).. is what proffesionals from the VFX industry recommends for 3d soft.
But you would have to transform all your textures to AcesCG ideally... Would be great to have a tick option in RGB Image.. so we can click if the texture needs to be transformed to ACESCG :)

OCIO: Color space: OCIO (this title is confusing!!!) what is this? a viewer lut?
=> this seems not to work.. i put a log lut.. a linear and a srgb and all looks the same.

I think we should need a viewer lut... which we would put ACES->SRGB to be able to view it properly in our srgb moonitors.. or ACES->REC709, etc...

I attach here how simple it is in Clarisse.

thanks!
Attachments
ocio_example.jpg
javierluisbravo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OCIO settings // bug without OCIO clamp pixels

Postby samsue » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:50 am

samsue Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:50 am
Hey,

I recommend reading this material, chapters 1 and 2.

https://chrisbrejon.com/cg-cinematography/introduction/
samsue
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk 3Ds Max