Octane research

Forums: Octane research
3D Studio Max Plugin (Export Script Plugins developed by [gk] and KilaD; Integrated Plugin developed by Karba)
Forum rules
Please post only in English in this subforum. For alternate language discussion please go here viewforum.php?f=18

Octane research

Postby Ebo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:14 pm

Ebo Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:14 pm
Hi,
I am working for a scientific company based in London and I have been given a task to look for alternative renderer for our company.
We are currently using Vray and 3ds Max. Vray is well implemented in 3ds Max so in order to switch to another renderer I will need some things to be working as are working with Vray.
1. Where do I find a light target option or is it going to be added if it is missing?
2. Is it possible to get a light lister? (Basically spreadsheet with light in a scene and parameters).
3. Great job on supporting TyFlow! We also use Thinkbox frost. Is instancing going to be possible in Thinkbox frost?
4. Do you have support for RTX or are you going to implement it in near future?
5. Houdini has Octane 2020 with Spectron lights that makes rendering even faster is that version going to be released any time soon?

Thank you.
Ebo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane research

Postby paride4331 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:27 am

paride4331 Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:27 am
Ebo wrote:Hi,
I am working for a scientific company based in London and I have been given a task to look for alternative renderer for our company.
We are currently using Vray and 3ds Max. Vray is well implemented in 3ds Max so in order to switch to another renderer I will need some things to be working as are working with Vray.
1. Where do I find a light target option or is it going to be added if it is missing?
I just asking to add this feature like in the Octane IES light

2. Is it possible to get a light lister? (Basically spreadsheet with light in a scene and parameters).
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=69888
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=69889
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=69866

3. Great job on supporting TyFlow! We also use Thinkbox frost. Is instancing going to be possible in Thinkbox frost?
Could you share (in pm) a sample file to test it?

4. Do you have support for RTX or are you going to implement it in near future?
Octane v2020 supports RTX accelleration hardware

5. Houdini has Octane 2020 with Spectron lights that makes rendering even faster is that version going to be released any time soon?
Developers will introduce it on the next future.
Regards
Paride

Thank you.
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby DartFrog » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:00 pm

DartFrog Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:00 pm
Paride, you know damn well that those links aren't anything close to a light lister. Next time, just say "no".
DartFrog
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:23 pm

paride4331 Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:23 pm
DartFrog wrote:Paride, you know damn well that those links aren't anything close to a light lister. Next time, just say "no".

Hi Dartfrog,
I don't know his precise workflow, so I choose to give any information that could help users.
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Autodesk 3Ds Max