3ds Max & Phoenix FD Foam Not rendering

Forums: 3ds Max & Phoenix FD Foam Not rendering
3D Studio Max Plugin (Export Script Plugins developed by [gk] and KilaD; Integrated Plugin developed by Karba)
Forum rules
Please post only in English in this subforum. For alternate language discussion please go here viewforum.php?f=18

3ds Max & Phoenix FD Foam Not rendering

Postby Chipstarrr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:09 pm

Chipstarrr Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:09 pm
Can anyone help me with a couple of Phoenix issues.

1. I cannot get motion blur working on liquids. I have motion blur enabled in rendering settings and have tried setting the Octane Properties of the Phoenix Object to "Object motion blur". Whatever happens I get no motion blur.

2. Im having some real issues rendering foam. At the start of my simulation I can render the foam, seems like I have lots of memory left. As the foam increases I keep getting a crash when I try to render. So I hid everything from the scene, including the Phoenix Object, I just leave the Octane Particle modifer on. This renders the foam and only the foam, no liquid to take up RAM. Again the same happens, as foam increases max crashes. My next attempt was to make my foam particle the simplest shape I could and see if it will render, all previous attempts were using a 20 poly sphere. I used a 1 poly plane. Again I get a crash. I have also tried proxying the plane and referencing that and no luck.

Is there any way to render foam. My scene isnt that big. Any work arounds? I really need this foam rendered even if its in a separate pass!

Thanks
Chipstarrr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: 3ds Max & Phoenix FD Foam Not rendering

Postby coilbook » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:57 pm

coilbook Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:57 pm
Hi,
for the MB make sure you output velocity

For the foam octane creates real 3d mesh and not procedural foam like vray does. So make sure the foam sphere has 8-10 segments only.

I hope otoy will create procedural foam shader like vray has
Attachments
mb.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Chipstarrr » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:19 pm

Chipstarrr Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:19 pm
hello,

thanks, I got the MB working ok. The foam is still an issue. I have ended up using just a single poly plane as the mesh and it still crashes. Its really driving me crazy. Can i really be running out of memory, I have 8 gigs!

Thanks
Chipstarrr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:12 pm

coilbook Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:12 pm
Chipstarrr wrote:hello,

thanks, I got the MB working ok. The foam is still an issue. I have ended up using just a single poly plane as the mesh and it still crashes. Its really driving me crazy. Can i really be running out of memory, I have 8 gigs!

Thanks

Maybe there is a bug where octane makes copies instead of instances clogging up the vram.

For instance, railclone still makes copies with octane unlike itoo forest. We asked octane for years to fix railclone but they just refuse to do it.
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk 3Ds Max