Max plugin for Octane 4

Forums: Max plugin for Octane 4
3D Studio Max Plugin (Export Script Plugins developed by [gk] and KilaD; Integrated Plugin developed by Karba)
Forum rules
Please post only in English in this subforum. For alternate language discussion please go here viewforum.php?f=18

Re: Max plugin for Octane 4

Postby nildoe » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:21 pm

nildoe Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:21 pm
I Appreciate the idea of the tutorial that would be a huge help...BUT, i also agree with the others...I'm sooo used to the workflow of 3dsmax and materials etc..that i also prefer to have all my tools in the DCC !

I haven't touched Octane standalone for 3+ years (since 1st max plugin version) and now when i have to open it, i just forget where the tools/options are you know?!
Corei7, 6x GTX1070 (2 Inside and 4 in a CUBIX Xpander), 32GB Ram, Win10 64Bit Home, 3dsMax2017 64Bit, Octane for max 3 and LOVING IT!!!!

MSI GT72S 6QE Dominator Pro G win10Home, gtx 980m.
nildoe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Rik » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:17 pm

Rik Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:17 pm
Have to agree. Really can't fathom how anyone produces anything in Standalone. If it wasn't for the plugin I wouldn't touch Octane.

You say once a scene is defined that it's great to use Standalone - but countless test renders and adjustment in max/cinema4d/blender etc are part of the process required to define the scene.
Plus, couldn't do without my 3d mouse ;)

BTW, did you mention a date for release. Even ballpark?
Rik
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby justix » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:19 pm

justix Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:19 pm
paride4331 wrote:Hi guys,
once your scene is almost definitive, you can working back and forth quite quickly, exporting individual geometries, using .OBJs.
Whenever you need to edit geometries, you will edit them in 3dsMax, overwrite with corresponding .obj, then in Stand alone you will use reload command.
In this way, objects will automatically have their corresponding material and position in your scene.
I will do an extensive tutorial for 3dsMax and stand alone workflow.
Regards
Paride

Actually this is something that I really need to understand on exporting the scene from Max to Standalone, I have scenes were I have different cameras AND I can't find any camera different from the viewport saved on the export + the abc file turns out ALWAYS to be a long and messy nodes of object layers and I need to learn how to compact the scene out, should I group any element? any tips?
Win 7 64 | 2 X MSI AERO GtX 1070| Intel I7-6850K| 32 GB DDR4 RAM | Asus X99 II-A
justix
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:11 pm

paride4331 Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:11 pm
Rik wrote:Have to agree. Really can't fathom how anyone produces anything in Standalone. If it wasn't for the plugin I wouldn't touch Octane.

You say once a scene is defined that it's great to use Standalone - but countless test renders and adjustment in max/cinema4d/blender etc are part of the process required to define the scene.
Plus, couldn't do without my 3d mouse ;)

BTW, did you mention a date for release. Even ballpark?

As I said before,
I only know that:
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=66231#p334493
Regard
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby paride4331 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:16 pm

paride4331 Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:16 pm
justix wrote:
paride4331 wrote:Hi guys,
once your scene is almost definitive, you can working back and forth quite quickly, exporting individual geometries, using .OBJs.
Whenever you need to edit geometries, you will edit them in 3dsMax, overwrite with corresponding .obj, then in Stand alone you will use reload command.
In this way, objects will automatically have their corresponding material and position in your scene.
I will do an extensive tutorial for 3dsMax and stand alone workflow.
Regards
Paride

Actually this is something that I really need to understand on exporting the scene from Max to Standalone, I have scenes were I have different cameras AND I can't find any camera different from the viewport saved on the export + the abc file turns out ALWAYS to be a long and messy nodes of object layers and I need to learn how to compact the scene out, should I group any element? any tips?

Hi justix,
your're right, exporting camera is a thorny issue;
I will do a tutorial for 3dsMax and stand alone workflow.
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Previous

Return to Autodesk 3Ds Max