ORC plugin support

Forums: ORC plugin support
3D Studio Max Plugin (Export Script Plugins developed by [gk] and KilaD; Integrated Plugin developed by Karba)
Forum rules
Please post only in English in this subforum. For alternate language discussion please go here viewforum.php?f=18

ORC plugin support

Postby jscottsmith » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:09 pm

jscottsmith Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:09 pm
(a) Is ORC available to MAX plugin users? If not, is direct support without ORBX export planned?

(b) Assuming I can submit MAX jobs, what happens with 3rd party plugins (Forest, RailClone, etc)?
(2) Geforce GTX780-6GB | i7 5820/6800 | 32GB
Win 10-64 | Octane v3.05.3 | NVidia v381.65

Scott Smith
J. Scott Smith Visual Designs, Inc
https://jscottsmith.com/
jscottsmith
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: ORC plugin support

Postby paride4331 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:22 am

paride4331 Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:22 am
Hi jscottsmith,
a) Octane 3dsMax supports ORC, you can find the exporter in Render Setup > Tools
b) I always strongly advise, especially using 3rd Party Plugins, to export 3dsMAx files to .ORBX Check it with Octane Render SA, then send .ORBX to ORC from Octane SA.
To export 3dsMax file a .ORBX: Render Setup > Tolls
This workflow saves you time and money.
ORC uses .ORBX, so you can test your file using Octane SA.
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby coilbook » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:27 pm

coilbook Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:27 pm
jscottsmith wrote:(a) Is ORC available to MAX plugin users? If not, is direct support without ORBX export planned?

(b) Assuming I can submit MAX jobs, what happens with 3rd party plugins (Forest, RailClone, etc)?

they promised us 3ds max native support with slaves we can rent years ago without have to deal with ORBX
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 am

Goldorak Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:17 am
coilbook wrote:
jscottsmith wrote:(a) Is ORC available to MAX plugin users? If not, is direct support without ORBX export planned?

they promised us 3ds max native support with slaves we can rent years ago without have to deal with ORBX

Octane slaves are LAN based (not cloud), and can connect directly to any 3DS max (or max headless process) itself, without the need for exporting anything from the Max host process.

On the cloud , with ORC< there are no slaves per se. We support ORBX uploads, as they just work and are simple (but heavy), but you can also can delta sync with 3DS Max for uploads to ORC from within Max, without sending over an ORBX every time. This is all designed to support rendering without worrying about cost and complexity of extra Max and plug-in licenses in the cloud.

For those that want this option, we also have added an extra floating cloud license (per SSO account) that comes with ORC subs (ORC is now $10/month for existing users that want it on to of boxed license). This is intended to allow commercial render farms and services that want to support Octane users in remote sessions with Max, Maya or other DCC tools. We are specifically looking at deadline support, but other options are possible. Feedback always welcome.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Autodesk 3Ds Max