Impressions and questions about the new Octane For3DS plugin

Forums: Impressions and questions about the new Octane For3DS plugin
3D Studio Max Plugin (Export Script Plugins developed by [gk] and KilaD; Integrated Plugin developed by Karba)
Forum rules
Please post only in English in this subforum. For alternate language discussion please go here viewforum.php?f=18

Impressions and questions about the new Octane For3DS plugin

Postby areyal » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:08 am

areyal Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:08 am
Hi,

Once I've tried the plugin, congratulations to Octane Team. Very nice.

-Question abobut cameras: I've observed that there is no possibility of using ortogonal views or clipping planes. Will this features be available? Clipping planes are very useful

- I would find very useful to have a 'Convert standard materials' button as the VRay materials is. This way we could convert easily our projects to octane. This would very nice also to improve the posibilities of converting models from other software, opened by 3D Studio, to octane for 3D Studio.

-Cuda devices: I've noticed the cuda devices setting must be set each time I open 3D Studio. By default it is only checked one of my two Fermi cards.

Greetings
GPU GTX 480 / GT 430 for UI
CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 (2.5 Ghz) / RAM 8 GB DDR2
SOFT Windows 7 64bit4
areyal
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Impressions and questions about the new Octane For3DS plugin

Postby gabrielefx » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:33 am

gabrielefx Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:33 am
areyal wrote:Hi,

Once I've tried the plugin, congratulations to Octane Team. Very nice.

-Question abobut cameras: I've observed that there is no possibility of using ortogonal views or clipping planes. Will this features be available? Clipping planes are very useful

- I would find very useful to have a 'Convert standard materials' button as the VRay materials is. This way we could convert easily our projects to octane. This would very nice also to improve the posibilities of converting models from other software, opened by 3D Studio, to octane for 3D Studio.

-Cuda devices: I've noticed the cuda devices setting must be set each time I open 3D Studio. By default it is only checked one of my two Fermi cards.

Greetings

+1
quad Titan Kepler 6GB + quad Titan X Pascal 12GB + quad GTX1080 8GB + dual GTX1080Ti 11GB
gabrielefx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Impressions and questions about the new Octane For3DS plugin

Postby MaTtY631990 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:51 pm

MaTtY631990 Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:51 pm
The releases of the octane3dsmax plugin are built against each release of the octane standalone since the plugin is connected to the core engine. If you look on the features list it states Z clipping and Orthographic cameras will be added by the time the final 1x version is released. My guess is when they release a new octane version which supports these features it will be supported by the plugin.
MaTtY631990
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Autodesk 3Ds Max