Missing Viewport Textures?

Forums: Missing Viewport Textures?
3D Studio Max Plugin (Export Script Plugins developed by [gk] and KilaD; Integrated Plugin developed by Karba)
Forum rules
Please post only in English in this subforum. For alternate language discussion please go here viewforum.php?f=18

Missing Viewport Textures?

Postby lunarstudio » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:42 pm

lunarstudio Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:42 pm
I'm using 2021.1 - 12.09 and I'm missing textures in my viewport.

Why have the materials in he mat editor changes substantially? In opening an older file, If I apply a material and check "show shaded map in viewport", nothing happens.
It's extremely confusing because why is there a "filename" and "standard texture" slots now? Why not just have one?

Also, if a texture is in "filename" and not in "standard texture", it will not show up in the viewport.
I have to add the texture to the "standard texture" slot then suddenly my preview turns dark which is worrisome. It's the only way I know of that I can get it to display in the viewport.

That being said, there's been so many changes with the latest Octane vs. previous releases that it's difficult to keep track of.
Unfortunately, help files are of little use as they're not updated for beta/pre-releases.
It would be beneficial if there was some general roadmap/tutorials as to how the latest Octane differs from previous versions.
Also, perhaps consider at least adding a little hover over or checkbox on each item to briefly tell users what each function does. It's a lot to keep track of - almost like learning new software when trying to work. PArt of the reason many of us buy octane licenses is the simplicity and instead it's getting more complicated as time moves on. Thanks.
lunarstudio
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Missing Viewport Textures?

Postby paride4331 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:57 pm

paride4331 Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:57 pm
Hi lunarstudio,
could you kindly share some screenshots or clips about your issue?
I'm not sure I understand the issues you are reporting.
Also developers usually insert info rollover commands, where they are not?
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Autodesk 3Ds Max