Octane X Standalone

Forums: Octane X Standalone
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

Octane X Standalone

Postby Jedi_blade » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:19 am

Jedi_blade Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:19 am
So I cannot sign into the stand-alone, it just jumps from one weird error to another. Sometimes it will say I need an internet connection, which I have. Another time it will load up but say I am not licensed, then I try to activate and it says I am not hooked up to a network. Both are not factual.

Honestly, I cannot put my finger on how the Octane X rollout is being handled.

So frustrated to be honest. Octane X is a mess, it just does not wanna do much of anything for me. Something that really cost me in terms of time and money over the last six months, but really this last month because it was listed as stable so I set some things up based on this and support saying it was stable. I got into the first week of a class and try to do basic builds and it was not stable, in fact, it's unlike anything I have seen on a Mac. Would be less frustrating if I had not attempted to communicate with support and get pretty much smoke screens. I told them today that this plugin was broken and I was upset about being told it was a stable release and that I am not in the middle of an $800 class I have eagerly waited for, and I was told it was a mistake to list it as stable.

What is that about? Listing it as stable hurt me because I am new to GPU, stable held a different meaning. And since OTOY is running a giant Octane X banner on the front page saying "It's Here," or whatever one should be forgiven for thinking we have a real max option. One cannot help but wonder why this was launched like this. Apple business was pushing dedicated OTOY was to bringing this to us, so much we would get a free year. I do not care about the first year if I first end up paying for a year for a broken plugin and a standalone that won't let me use it. I spent a lot of money and I trusted Apple business because they told me this was ready.

A warning that this was not a real release should have been apparent, and support giving some kind of straight answers would have been nice.
Mac Pro (2019)
3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
Two AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB
After Burner
Jedi_blade
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support