NEW: Octane X - is finally here! [MEGA FAQ THREAD]

Forums: NEW: Octane X - is finally here! [MEGA FAQ THREAD]
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

Re: NEW: Octane X - is finally here! [MEGA FAQ THREAD]

Postby LUKEBB » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:35 am

LUKEBB Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:35 am
Do you have an update on when the C4D plugin for Big Sur might be ready by? Thanks
LUKEBB

Postby pwjeong93 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:26 am

pwjeong93 Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:26 am
Hi All,

Quick question,

Just to re-confirm, Octane plugin for C4d with the new Big Sur is down right and we are all waiting for the update PR5/PR6? (or am I missing something?)

I'm unable to use the octane plugin in R23 following my update to Big Sur (the error message is as follows):

"Could not find the required license or your subscription has expired" .... "the following license is required but was not available from your account" ... "OctaneRender Studio for Cinema4D"

Not sure what is going on, someone please advise, it just crashed after I either try to re-sign in or close the message box due to plugin error.
pwjeong93

Postby Weezer » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:36 am

Weezer Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:36 am
The latest plugin (PR3) does not support Big Sur – we're waiting on PR4 for Metal. Should be any day now, hopefully. (I assume you're using Metal not CUDA?)
Weezer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby drunknbass » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:37 pm

drunknbass Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:37 pm
LUKEBB wrote:Do you have an update on when the C4D plugin for Big Sur might be ready by? Thanks

Jules Urbach: in the next 10 days on PR5/6 - have to finish catalina versions first before we do the big sur releases for plugins
drunknbass
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby PlatnumK » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 am

PlatnumK Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:00 am
I have a 2019 iMac with a Radeon Pro 570X (which fully supports Metal) Will Octane X work with my gfx card, The app loads fine but says No Render GPUs
PlatnumK

Postby DERJUNG » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 pm

DERJUNG Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:15 pm
uff... ok, so that means we don't get plugins for the PR4 on Big Sur. But wait for PR5 or PR6 for which there will be plugins again? :(
What actually became from the one year phase with that one Octane X free of charge gets. Does it only take place when the Octane X version is final? :roll:

This month my subscription was a flop. I couldn't work in Modo because of missing plugins for Big Sur and Catalina. Since PR1 there is no working plugin for Modo. This time I wait and only buy a license again when everything works and is complete. Or some day the free license will appear, still don't understand how it could work. You develop and give it for free ???

all the best. Thomas
MacPro 12 [email protected] Ghz - 48GB 2933Mhz DDR4 - AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32GB
DERJUNG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Weezer » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 pm

Weezer Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 pm
Yeah, I’ve cancelled my subscription until I get a working C4D plugin again. And still waiting for my year’s free license having bought a new Mac Pro - almost a year ago now.
Weezer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:07 am

Goldorak Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:07 am
pwjeong93 wrote:Hi All,

Quick question,

Just to re-confirm, Octane plugin for C4d with the new Big Sur is down right and we are all waiting for the update PR5/PR6? (or am I missing something?)

I'm unable to use the octane plugin in R23 following my update to Big Sur (the error message is as follows):

"Could not find the required license or your subscription has expired" .... "the following license is required but was not available from your account" ... "OctaneRender Studio for Cinema4D"

Not sure what is going on, someone please advise, it just crashed after I either try to re-sign in or close the message box due to plugin error.

Big Sur is standalone only for now - we are waiting to roll out one final Catalina plug-ins update before moving everything over to Big Sur this coming week. It is especially difficult to support both Big Sur and Catalina at once, we have to pick one or the other right now per build machine, so we are doing one final round for Catalina now, then all focus on Big Sur, including Prime and Demo versions and Apple Silicon, Polaris, Intel and Big Navi support in plug-ins along with Navi and Vega as we have in Catalina.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby siervlees » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:28 am

siervlees Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:28 am
..can i read that last sentence as a confirmation that Big Navi is coming to Apple?
siervlees
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jedi_blade » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:54 am

Jedi_blade Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:54 am
Goldorak wrote:
pwjeong93 wrote:Hi All,

Quick question,

Big Sur is standalone only for now - we are waiting to roll out one final Catalina plug-ins update before moving everything over to Big Sur this coming week. It is especially difficult to support both Big Sur and Catalina at once, we have to pick one or the other right now per build machine, so we are doing one final round for Catalina now, then all focus on Big Sur, including Prime and Demo versions and Apple Silicon, Polaris, Intel and Big Navi support in plug-ins along with Navi and Vega as we have in Catalina.

I get this, but this has really been a bad deal since the Metal version was launched. Paid 4 months of the sub. $80 and I may have gotten about 50% of the time to work. It has been unstable on my Mac Pro 2019 from the time I got it. It was a long time before support finally told me to download R21 if I wanted to learn it, and then Mac killed that with Big Sur.
Mac Pro (2019)
3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
Two AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB
After Burner
Jedi_blade
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support