X-Particles Octane Motion Blur

Forums: X-Particles Octane Motion Blur
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

X-Particles Octane Motion Blur

Postby hiadammarshall » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:50 pm

hiadammarshall Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:50 pm
Hi there,

I'm simulating a starling flock system using an emitter and a generator. The birds have a null object with a few primitive shapes that animate over a few hundred keyframes. On the null, I've added an octane object tag and enabled motion blur, and used the Transform/Vertex blur type. This works perfectly to give a great motion effect in the live viewer, but as soon as I render it out using 'Full Motion Blur', the birds all disappear when viewed in the Picture Viewer. The alternative 'Camera motion blur' has no effect what so ever. Is there something i'm missing with how I should be rendering these?

Attached is the link to the project in question.

Cheers,
Adam
Attachments
2020_01_27.rar
Hit render and run a few frames, comparing the live viewer to the picture viewer.
(129.16 KiB) Downloaded 481 times
hiadammarshall
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: X-Particles Octane Motion Blur

Postby aoktar » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 am

aoktar Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 am
I've tried your scene. Animations with generator objects somehow doesn't recognised by our motion processor. It needs more debugging to solve the problem, I'll try to spend more time on that.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby hiadammarshall » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:09 am

hiadammarshall Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:09 am
aoktar wrote:I've tried your scene. Animations with generator objects somehow doesn't recognised by our motion processor. It needs more debugging to solve the problem, I'll try to spend more time on that.

Hey aoktar, thanks for the prompt response! I appreciate you looking into this. I wasn't certain if this was an Octane or an x-particles issue, but figured since it rendered in the live viewer but not in the picture viewer, it may be something you could help with.

Can you think of any workarounds in the meantime for this? Do you believe it's solely caused by the animation keyframes within the bird? I tried removing the keyframes, and even changing the geo to just a sphere it seems to be the case.
hiadammarshall
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:14 am

aoktar Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:14 am
Is same problem happening even with using a sphere under generator object?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby hiadammarshall » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:36 am

hiadammarshall Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:36 am
aoktar wrote:Is same problem happening even with using a sphere under generator object?

Using just a sphere or just one part of the bird works. It seems to be as soon as it's in a null object, it starts to mess up. I tried just a sphere inside a null and it disappeared as before.
I also just tried removing everything from the null, placing them directly into the x-particles generator and it renders correctly.

Edit: I parented everything under the 'body' of the bird object and it seems to perform ok (though the motion blur seems to smear every other frame, which could be unrelated). Perhaps it's the null object causing issues?
hiadammarshall
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support