C4D Octane Interface flicker glitch

Forums: C4D Octane Interface flicker glitch
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

C4D Octane Interface flicker glitch

Postby ManMadeBlossom » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:51 pm

ManMadeBlossom Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:51 pm
Hello community,

I have a very weird problem since I use either the latest Octane version (2018.1.3) or my new computer with new graphic cards (RTX 2080 Ti and GTX 1080 Ti). I updated both at the same time. While having octane active (rendering) after a whileand only my left screen starts flickering. The flicker depends on the position of the mouse cursor, this means on some places on the screen it flickers and when I move the mouse to another position it doesn`t. It stops when I stop rendering with octane. The flicker is a slight colour change back and forth which extremely annoys my eyes. It is very weird and I have no clue what causes this problem?

I also have a feeling that Octane crashes After Effects when both is active/open. The performance of AE suffers significantly when Octane is active (I have 64GB RAM but I still think its somehow graphic card related).

Any suggestions? I would be very thankful!
ManMadeBlossom
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: C4D Octane Interface flicker glitch

Postby aoktar » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:58 pm

aoktar Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:58 pm
Have you tried to do clean install of different Nvidia drivers for solving the glitches?
And AE uses some gpu Vram and can cause out of VRAM. And it causes cuda errors/crashes.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: C4D Octane Interface flicker glitch

Postby ManMadeBlossom » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:59 pm

ManMadeBlossom Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:59 pm
Thank you for your answer! The graphic card drivers are up to date, so do you mean installing an older driver version or what's a clean install?
ManMadeBlossom
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support