Poser, Daz3d plugin, or Make Human with Blender?

Forums: Poser, Daz3d plugin, or Make Human with Blender?
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

Poser, Daz3d plugin, or Make Human with Blender?

Postby pegot » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:39 pm

pegot Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:39 pm
I need to do some renderings / animations of skin and skin products. Have been using simple squares with created skin textures up till now. But I’d like to show some close ups of product on hands and face so I’m considering a figure creation program. I currently have Poser 10, which I hardly ever use (and is not yet installed on my current machine).

Just wondering what the experience of the Octane plugins for those users of Daz and Poser have been and if one is more stable than the other?

How does Octane Poser plugin work with the older Poser 10? I have no plans to upgrade to version 11.

Since Daz is free would it be better to work with that since I could get the latest version?

I have used both in the past but overall a little more comfortable with Poser, though after all this time both will be a bit of a learning curve to get up to speed. Finally, I am wondering if it would overall be simpler to download Make Human and use that with Blender? I don’t need full body objects – just hands and face.

Grateful for any feedback users might be willing to share while I am considering which avenue to take.
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff