Black Previews and Render in 3DS Max

Forums: Black Previews and Render in 3DS Max
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

Black Previews and Render in 3DS Max

Postby Poliigon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:53 pm

Poliigon Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:53 pm
Hi there,

Apologies if this is covered in another thread, I did do a search for 'black screen' but it's such a generic term it brought up a lot of replies, none of which seemed to apply.
Anyway, I loaded up max today without making any changes to the plugin version or updating anything else that I'm aware of and Octane is producing nothing but black renders.

Also, within the material slate editor, all the little previews in the nodes are black too where before they would show maps and previews.
Capture.JPG

I've tried re-installing the plugin, with no success. Any ideas on resolving this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Regards

EDIT: I just tested Octane in Maya and Cinema 4D and was also unable to render, getting the same blank result. This is making me think it's either licence or driver related. I am currently running Nvidia driver 419.35 if that helps with the diagnosis :D Licences are all in order.
Poliigon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Black Previews and Render in 3DS Max

Postby paride4331 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:35 pm

paride4331 Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:35 pm
Hi Poligon,
could you share your scene (in pm if you want) please?
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support