C4D Crash with Octane

Forums: C4D Crash with Octane
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

C4D Crash with Octane

Postby kurasdan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:36 am

kurasdan Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:36 am
I am trying to follow EyeDesign's "Create Digital Nature Renders using Octane (Part 1)" tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLHFA-nFFm4. At about 16' 15" the tutorial talks about setting viewport level equal to the render level in the Forester Tree Parameter Window. After creating 6 unique trees as shown in the tutorial, I attempted to render them in Octane. This caused my workstation to crash and reboot. After 3 reboots, I reset the viewport values to their original settings to clear the problem. The Windows error log shows nothing; C4D did not generate an error log.

I use a Dell T3500 workstation with a 6-core, 3.3 GHz, Intel Xeon processor running under Windows 10 with 24 GB of ram, loads of disk space, and the nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 video board. Octane settings were set to match those shown at the start of the tutorial. C4D, Forester, and graphics drivers are up-to-date. Can someone explain exactly what is being overloaded?
kurasdan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support