C4D License servers and Octane render

Forums: C4D License servers and Octane render
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

C4D License servers and Octane render

Postby horizonmark » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:12 pm

horizonmark Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:12 pm
We recently build two machines to be used as Octane render nodes. We have Cinema 4d installed on those machines, but it's a strange version of Cinema 4D that isn't meant to be opened and used. I'm guessing it's just there to be able to read and process .C4D files so it can render the file - and that's it.

But how on Earth do we get Octane render installed on those machines? Typically you would drag Octane into the plugins folder, boot up Cinema and register the product. But you can't open this license server version of Cinema 4D and do it the same way you normally would on a full install of C4D.

I imagine the same goes for other plugins. Anyone know what to do?
horizonmark
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: C4D License servers and Octane render

Postby horizonmark » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:12 am

horizonmark Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:12 am
Okay. Got it.

Solution: All we really needed to do was drop Cinema 4D in the plugins folder as we normally would. Octane didn't require any further activation, which confused me royally.

But say you wanted to activate a plugin and you need to open C4D to do so:

So when you drag the .INI with your server's I.P. address and port into C4D's root folder, it boots up a certain client version of C4D which connects to your license server. When you take OUT that .INI file, it boots up the regular C4D we all use.

So basically - Boot Cinema 4d to configure plugins, take .INI file out. Boot license server - INI file back in.
horizonmark
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support