Octane license already in use on my own computer?

Forums: Octane license already in use on my own computer?
A forum for discussion, development and support, including subforums for discussion for various plugins for octane render and 3d the relevant animation packages

Octane license already in use on my own computer?

Postby ultimiant » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:33 pm

ultimiant Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:33 pm
Hey all,

This is the second time I have had this issue, and I don't want to keep using my unlocks from the site. But I am getting this error.

I have only used Octane on this computer, and I cannot deactivate the license because I cannot log in, I have no way of releasing my license unless through the website. Any ideas on how to fix this? The first time it happened I believe my computer crashed, but why is my license not picking up that I am on the same computer?

Thanks in advance!
ultimiant
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane license already in use on my own computer?

Postby paride4331 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:40 am

paride4331 Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:40 am
Hi ultimiant,
Octane License is released (deactivated) when the application is closed. In the case of Octane Standalone edition just the standalone license is released, while plug-ins will release both Standalone and their respective license. In either case, licenses are just released if there is not another instance of Octane V3 Standalone or a plug-in making use of that specific license.
If you have had an operating system upgrade, security system upgrade of replaced certain hardware on machine that changes your machine address, OTOY recommend that you use an UNLOCK to deactivate the license.
The unlocks will reset back to 5 periodically, providing they are only occasionally used.
Here https://docs.otoy.com/StandaloneH_STA/StandaloneManual.htm#StandaloneSTA/AuthenticationAndInternetAccess.htm
detailed explanations about Octane V3 licenses.
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby ultimiant » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:21 am

ultimiant Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:21 am
Alright, so I am using the plugin version, and the last time I used Cinema 4D I closed the application normally which should have released the license. But Now I have just attempted to start Octane again and Octane is saying it is already in use, why is my license not being released the way it should?

The octane website is saying that the license is currently activated on my computer, should it not have deactivated? I had no crashes or changes in hardware/the C4D plugin, and I have not used the "use offline" option.
ultimiant
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby paride4331 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:31 am

paride4331 Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:31 am
Hi ultimiant,
please, contact the Otoy support service to resolve your issue, by sharing your account details in a confidential way.
https://help.otoy.com/hc/en-us
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby frankmci » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:32 pm

frankmci Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:32 pm
As a data point: We were having a problem like this last week, where one of our licenses wasn't releasing when C4D was quit. We had to manually go to C4D Octane Settings/Settings/Account and Sign Out, then quit the app and rebooted the machine. After doing that, the license is properly getting released again on quitting C4D or Stand Alone.

- Frank
Technical Director - C4D, Maya, AE, - Washington DC
frankmci
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:30 pm

aoktar Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:30 pm
frankmci wrote:As a data point: We were having a problem like this last week, where one of our licenses wasn't releasing when C4D was quit. We had to manually go to C4D Octane Settings/Settings/Account and Sign Out, then quit the app and rebooted the machine. After doing that, the license is properly getting released again on quitting C4D or Stand Alone.

- Frank

Check it without my other plugins. TFD was causing hold on exit.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Plugin Discussion/Support